Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andrew J. GreenApril 24, 2011 - 3:57 pmReplyJAM-A-MATIC. I bought this gun from a guy at the range who just bought it brand new. He was an idiot. He kept letting the Slide slam forward which you should NEVER do. When the Slide slams forward, even while being shot, the Feed Ramp on the mouth of the barrel chamber rams into the face of the bolt and dents the face of the bolt. Everytime a round is fed into the chamber from the magazine, the case rim hangs up on the dent on the bolt face. Altouugh this gun wholesales for $253.00 and retails for $399.00, I bought the gun on the spot from the guy for $600.00. My wife’s Finger Nail Emery Board was used for 10 minutes on the bolt face. I filed the dent down and fired the gun for 200 rounds without 1 jam. Then it started to jam again. After looking at it, the bolt face was filed again and fired for another 200 or so rounds and needed to be filed again. It’s safe to say that the bolt doesn’t have enough Iron in it to make it hard enough to avoid the bolt wear so quickly. I filed the bolt again and sold the gun to a man at the range 2 weeks later for $1250.00. I purchased another gun from another dissatisfied owner and went through the same process. I just sold the gun a few days ago for $1,550.00 to someone who just had to have one. I just bought another one from another unhappy owner and will keep this one until I find another buyer for it.The 22 Magnum Winchester Super X 40 Grain JHP hits with 324 foot pounds of energy while the 38 Special, 158 Grain lead round nose hits with 200 foot pounds of energy. If an opponent is hit with the 22 Magnum, the round will not exit. The victim of this round will absorb the entire amount of foot pound energy this round has to offer. The potential of a one shot kill is very possible, just as it is with the .45 auto, mainly, because the human body will catch the round rather than suffer a “pass through” like a .357 Magnum or a .44 Magnum command.For the record, I am a Martial Arts instructor for the police departments here in Texas, so the following statement is for educational purposes only. The 40 Gr.JHP Winchester Super X 22 Magnum and the CCI 40 Grain JHP are the only rounds of their kind that WILL penetrate a Bullet Proof Vest at close range (25 feet or closer). It will also shoot through an Oak Tree branch that is 3″ in diameter and will kill a Squirrel on the opposite side.This handgun shoots 2″ low at 24′ (8 Yards) and 6″ low at 75′ (25 Yards). The shot groups were around 3″ at 75′ (25 Yards) and under 1″ at 24′ (8 Yards). The recoil is equal to that of a 380 Bersa Automatic and it has a muzzle flash like a Flame Thrower. In low light, the muzzle flash is between 12″ – 15″ in length and 5″ – 6″ in diameter. The sound of the blast is equal to that of a .357 Magnum with a 6″ barrel. It weight around 1/1-2 LBS loaded with the 30 rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber.I would highly recommend this gun to anyone who would carry it as a concealed weapon. As long as the owner keeps the Bolt Face filed as I’ve instructed, this gun is a force to be reckoned with. I’ve replaced my Glock 22, 40 S&W with this animal. It’s half the weight of the Glock and carrys almost twice the ammunition. Given the fact that most combat situations are within 3 – 7 yards (9′ – 21′), this gun is accurate enough to shoot your opponent in a firefight without any problem. It conceals very well when light clothing are worn in the Summer, while the Glock has a tendency to Silhouette itself if Short Pants and a tee shirt are the attire for the day or night.Please rate this comment:**1**0GeorgeApril 25, 2011 - 10:28 amReply

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Who can or wants to read this? A little punctuation would be nice.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Too bad your gun is SO far off target...mine shoots dead center about 1/2 inch low at 25 yards.No problems, no filing needed..

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm kinda lost that the round won't exit?? A good friend of mine was shot within 8' by a standard .22 in the leg and it blew her femur in half and exited without an issue. She was held up at gun point for her purse that had less then 10$ in it. She is a 300lb gal (not trying to be rude but it's the facts). I would think a magnum .22 would have much less issues with damaging and exiting an average person MHO ;).
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2012/01/17/woman-shot-on-6th-avenue-after-attempted-robbery/

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I shouldn't have copied it unabridged. It sounded like he was bragging about himself more than anything else. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced his particular malfunction. I did not write this, I copied the post. That's why I left his name on the post also not my style of writing. Too egotistic. I won't do that again.

·
Administrator
31,976 Posts
If you look under his original post, or any post for that matter, there is a quote button. :)

·
Administrator
31,976 Posts
If you look under his original post, or any post for that matter, there is a quote button. :)
See how the quote button works? ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
That story made NO sense.
You shouldn't let the slide slam forward? Last time I checked, guns were made to be shot.
Who the hell would pay $600 for a $400 gun, much less $1550. I'm thinking the (O)OP forgot some "1"s in the description maybe?

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Should have used quotes, now we're over that. I did it with my cell phone. I do have a PMR 30 and I have not shot it that much ( This is Bobalou out there ). He lost credibility with me when he started bragging about flipping guns, but part of what he said could be true. Pardon my punctuation "Grand Poobah" if it's doesn't meet your expections. My question is this. Has anyone owning a Kel- tec PMR 30 noticed unusual "bolt wear". I was simply trying to corroborate his story, thus the title, " Has anyone experienced this?". You can look at my stats and see that I don't sit around and post all day long. What puzzles me is why so many posters would be so offended by this? Is it because it started out with Jamomatic? I love my gun, but haven't the time or money to run thousands of rounds through it. There is a certain anonymity one gains by communicating over the internet which brings out the true character/cowardness of some people ( Rick ).

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
The 1st post in this thread was very hard to read, disjointed and didn't make much sense. I/we didn't know it was copied from somewhere else. And if it was copied and pasted, that could have been pointed out by the OP.

I think you mean "anonymity" not "unanimity" as it doesn't make sense spelled your way, either. One can be anonymous when posting on the internet, and that brings out the true character of one. And it has.

'Nuff said.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I corrected that. I knew that would make you happy. I agree with you. It brought out your true character. I would be careful correcting English structure on this forum, especially since yours is quite flawed.

·
Registered
408 Posts
some of us are in the thousands of rounds category, and some way beyond that, and i've never heard of this in .. like ever. new to me.

anyone that can flip a pmr-30, used, with "custom milling" like that? well, i want to know: repeat customers? ;) were they thinking they were getting a 5.7? ;)

oh yeah, where is the source thread? i would love to read any followup to it :>

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Go to comments. All comments are dated, so just follow the dates to Andrew J. GreenApril 24, 2011. if you never heard then you don't read much. a lot of guns are plagued with problems until maybe the third generation comes out. remember the kel ltec pmr30? cnc machines screw up all the time. it's not uncommon for a bad batch to go out. people claim a lot of stuff but half of it is not true. I took a close look at my gun and it was actually beginning to form a dent close to the feed ramp. just because someone has a gun that has several 1000 rounds through it, does not mean all of the other guns are going to perform as well. bmann, there are a few very rude people who read this post everyday, it's their life, a lot of them think they are english professors, academics, and such. many comedians. if you're gun malfunctions just send it back to kel-tec.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts