Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Anyone ever put a "rail" on a P3AT?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  mgregg85 
#1 ·
Looking to see if anyone has added a rail to their P3AT. And if so how or who did it for you.

In addition to the P3AT I have a first Gen Glock, and I know 2 companies make an ad on rail for it.

#6 ·
It would give more options on lasers. And open the door to a green instead of only a red laser.

Or I could prove I should not own a firearm and mount a set of "GunNutz" (see thread in Accessories).

#7 ·
You know, I was kinda pokin fun at the original post ....

But,

This could be a niche market for small pistols.  If someone were to develop a 3/8 or 1/2" rail system...  the actual laser isn't very large, it's the housing/adjusting part which makes it large.

I'm just sayin....

#8 ·
Robb1313 said:
You know, I was kinda pokin fun at the original post ....

But,

This could be a niche market for small pistols.  If someone were to develop a 3/8 or 1/2" rail system...  the actual laser isn't very large, it's the housing/adjusting part which makes it large.

I'm just sayin....
I would be a customer. With the mouse gun market the way it is i am surprised no one has come out with a Mini-Rail.

#9 ·
I hate to pooh pooh the idea BUT this a pocket gun. A rail would defeat the purpose of carrying the smallest .380ACP in existence. I refuse to put a laser of any kind on my P3AT. Even the ones that are made for it change the balance, weight, and presentation of the gun. In my opinion adding anything other than a +1 extension ruins the gun. As is, I have no less than 6 different carry options. The Crimson Trace and Armalaser lasers cut 2-3 of those options out completely for me. A rail on my P3AT? No thanks, guys. I'll let y'all play with that animal.

#10 ·
Mounting a standard size pic rail on a P3AT would make about as much sense as sticking a Eotech on top of it.

The mini-rail idea would be interesting but I think it'd be very hard to standardize amongst all the manufacturers of pocket guns.

Whatever it is you want to mount, I'd take that idea over to the people at Laserlyte, they seem to specialize in making oddball products like this...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.