Anyone else find their Mag Loose in Pocket?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Rustynuts, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Rustynuts

Rustynuts New Member

May 11, 2007
    Over the past several weeks I've found my mag come loose several times. I pocket carry in either a Nemesis or Uncle Mikes. Both pretty much cover the mag release if I recall right. I'm a lefty, so the release button is facing out. I don't recall bumping it hard or anything before finding the loose mags. Do I need to go to a leather holster or something? Anyone try trimming the button down so it doesn't stick out as far? You'd need to be careful not to go too far, or it would be hard to release when you wanted to!

2. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    Yea, that's a famous problem. Just file down the rounded part of the mag release (just the tip). Another option is to put a rubber grip over the plastic one. The extra thickness of the rubber right next to the mag release is sufficient to keep it from being tripped. I like the one with molded finger detents, so this is the option I chose. These P3s are a great excuse to do some creative tinkering. Customize it - and make it your own  :)

[​IMG]

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yes, the mag release button is "adjustable" and is commonly filed down a bit.

4. jfh

jfh New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    I usually carry in my left rear hip pocket for LH draw--so the release button is facing out in the concealment concepts holster I use, and that intermittently caused mag ejects.  

To solve the "pressure eject problem, I ended up carefully punching a hole where the holster covered the release button.  That solved the problem entirely.

Jim H.