Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Certainly looks back pocket size, but too heavy for me - I like to keep my pants up  :). It's a beautiful package, but almost twice as heavy as the P3 if I recall correctly.

Wondering how many rounds you have through it and if you have had any problems?

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I use this as a travel pack. It also clips nicely to the visor and can be left unzipped. I haven't carried with it yet, but might under some circumstances.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Looks like it could be cut back to permit the armalaser. Probably is weather proof too. Even though it doesn't print - I would just feel weird carrying that way. A holster out in the open - eek :eek:

·
Registered
8,993 Posts
Don't know about you guys but, to me, these things would scream

[glb]"THIS GUY HAS A GUN"[/glb]

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Not sure about that zipper on the DeSantis but it doesn't look like it would take too much effort to draw from the PaleHorse. I'm just going to have to get one. I carry IWB without a holster when I can, but when I am dressed for business that looks perfect. I already carry other crap in holsters on my belt when I am working--SOG Multitool, phone, USB drives--no one is going to question one more thing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was talking with my son over the weekend and he carries his P3 in the Kel-Tec blue case. He has never been asked about it. I was thinking it would be a lot more convenient if it would clip on the belt, and then this thread shows up. Thanks for the links. I see this as an alternative to pocket carry under certain conditions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had one of the Mufti holsters for my Guardian. Its a lot bigger than it looks in the photo. Quality build though. Both do scream "gun" No way is someone gonna think this is a PDA or cellphone. Get yourself a good quality pocket holster or an IWB. I carry mine all day at 4:00.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts

Since Florida (the state where I live) does not allow 'open' carry, the MUFTI intrigues me.  I'd love to 'open' carry to help educate the public but cannot let any part of the gun show.  I've been thinking of a holster just like the MUFTI for some time now and believe it fills a niche.

I fired off an email to Pale Horse Holsters asking if the MUFTI will accommodate a P-3AT equipped with an ArmaLaser.  If it does then I just might go for it.

They didn't print dimensions on the website!  So the comment about them being larger than they look kind of sets me off a bit...I asked them if they had any pics of the MUFTI being worn just to help give me a better idea.  I forgot to ask for dimensions though.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Hmm I too am curious as to the size now that it has been described as large-ish. I'm sure you'll post whatever you find out DMB. ;D From the belt slide on the back it doesn't seem like it would be too large to me...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd bet it's very close to the dimensions of the Desantis in width of 4.125" and probably a little less in it's length of 5.5". Thickness is probably 1".

Hawk,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here's your info - from the NAA board:

My Mufti measures 6 1/8" front side, 4 1/8" rear side, 4.5" across the top flap, 4" across the bottom. Width is about 1".

My P3AT fits nicely inside, but the flap lacks about 1/2" from closing.

My G380 does NOT fit with the factory wood grips, only the stock flat plastic ones.

Hope this is of some help to you.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Thanks for those measurements. I haven't received a reply yet from Pale Horse Holsters as to whether or not an ArmaLaser equipped P-3AT would fit into a MUFTI. That will make or break it for me, otherwise I want one!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Here is my reply from Pale Horse Holsters:

Hi David:

We do make the Mufti for the Kel Tec P3AT...however, we do not have the laser available for a pattern which we would need to build a custom holster.

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions for you. Thank you for your interest in our products.

Sincerely,

Ross

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Hmm - seems like they need to give Rick at Armalaser a call for a loaner, a mock up or something! I would think that Mufti holster is the perfect design/style for a flat bottomed weapon like the P3AT w/ Armalaser!

-Scott

DMB said:
Here is my reply from Pale Horse Holsters:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.