Anybody know where to find a Gen II P-3ATHC?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Keith1863, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Keith1863

Keith1863 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    I keep looking, but all I find at the shows are Gen I HC models. If someone could direct me to an internet gun store or private seller, that would be great.

Thanks,
    Keith

2. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    I have noticed the same thing. The show I went to 2 weeks ago didn't have any HC P3-AT's but they had several HC PF-9's. I have found the same at several gun shops as well. It's almost like Kel-Tec hasn't made any HC P3-AT's for awhile to load the distribution pipe line.

3. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Wish I could help you but I can't. Are those 1Gs that you're seeing used? I would think they have to be. There just couldn't be a whole lot of brand new chrome 1Gs floating around.

4. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    What state are ya in? I know a few in Ks.

5. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Got mine a month ago via gunsamerica.com, but it looks like they might be drying up.

6. Keith1863

Keith1863 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    I am in KY. The ones I have seen at the shows are used. People still want almost new prices for them too.

There is a G1 P-3ATHC on gunbroker right now for 289.00 (the Buy It Now price), but I have my heart set on a G2.

burley - Any of those shops in KS ship to FFLs in other states?

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    My guess is that P3AT production may be slightly down due to PF9 production. They are probably making them in batches or something, I don't really know. However, if you are willing to purchase on line, comb throught this thread and check out some of the on line dealers. You'll find one.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1130815932

8. Keith1863

Keith1863 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Thanks for the help all. I contacted SportingArms.com via email. They are the only ones currently not listing the item as back ordered. We'll see what happens.

9. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I call two gun shops local to me about every other week (they told me to do so) asking if they got or can get a HC P3AT. Been calling for months with no luck. One of the shops got six PF9 HC models in 3-4 weeks back but still no P3AT HC. :'(

Take care ...

10. Here is one!   ;D

[​IMG]

They are indeed very easy to look at, but very hard to find.

I had my name at several gun stores in my half of the state looking for one.

I had another KTOG member post that he had snagged one from one of MY stores!

I called the second store they owned and they told me,  no.....sorry they did not have any.

An hour later they called me back and voila!  they had one.

I bought it sight unseen over the phone with credit card and picked it up the next day!

The sad thing is I never shoot it!

I carry a black gripped blue slide 3AT that I shoot for function test about twice x month.

The H/C and Dura Coat Satin Stainless just sit in the safe>

[​IMG]

11. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    I saw one in a local GS last weekend black/HC @ $320.00.

If your interested PM me and I'll give you the info.

12. CCWMan

CCWMan New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    There have been a couple on Guns America.

13. JimBob

JimBob New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Keith, good luck, I'm looking for the same thing! If they happen to have another one after you get yours let me know!! I've made all the local calls also..

Hard little buggers to find!

14. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
  15. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I have never seen a P3AT or P11 in HC in my neck of the woods (SW Ohio). I've seen a multitude of P32's in HC and I bought the only HC PF9 I ever saw.

I was at the Vandalia Range and Armory the other day and they must have had 7-8 KT's, though none in HC. They had 3 PF9's, 3 P3AT's and I think one P32. I've never seen them have a P11 in stock. I think one P3AT and one PF9 were parked.

I'm still hoping to come across a Navy/HC P3AT or P11.

16. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    They must be easier to come by in the midwest. I bought my HC/black one in Illinois...just across the river from St. Louis. Went back a couple weeks later and they had a HC/navy one in the case. Now I just moved back to Kansas and the first shop I go into has a HC/navy in the case too. I'd have bought it already if there weren't a couple of other guns on my short list.