Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like my S2K stock to extend further down. I saw the post about the Odin Zulu setup but I'm trying to find something that will use the stock stock. Too bad there isnt a add on piece that'll attach to the pic rail on the bottom.
Stock.jpg

·
Registered
138 Posts
3 inches would be good.
That's a pretty big extension. I'm going to see if I can make something that slides up and locks into the back of the stock. It'll cover the entire area of the butt and lock in with set screws. If it works and looks good I'll also use it as a base for making an adjustable stock system with pad.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I did this to my Gen 1 stock to move the stock further down:
Keltec Sub 2K Stock.jpg

The lowering pieces are 1" high-style scope mounts (Leupold Rifleman, I think.) I filled the hole in the stock with a 1" dowel, and screwed a short piece of Picatinny through the top of the stock into that dowel. The scope mounts are attached to the Picatinny. I used another screw with a spacer to fill the old take-down pin hole. I have an aftermarket tube cover on the buffer tube, and added a short piece of black PVC pipe to fill the gap that was left after removing the stock. I used a cabinet screw post (2 heads, M into F) to replace the take-down pin.

Overall, this drops the stock by about an inch, as well as increasing length of pull by about the same. Still folds fine, obviously a little wider, and it doesn't lock any more. Neither is an issue for me compared to the benefits of moving it, which has made the gun much easier and comfortable to shoot.

·
Registered
134 Posts
BTW, it will not hurt if KT would make PADDED stocks for Sub2000.
The recoil is sharp, leaves bruises every time I shoot my Sub2000 gen.2 9x19

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was gonna suggest a 2" red dot riser on the bottom rail lol. But 3" is a lot.
Find someone with a 3D printer and offer up some money for their time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this is old but I just saw your post in the "Recommended Reading" section and wanted to let you know I just released 3d print files for a new stock that extends the stock downward by about 2.5 inches. You can find it here:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts