Any way to 'Jump to new posts'?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by KCSteve, Sep 8, 2004.

1. KCSteve

KCSteve New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Does the new software have (or support) an easy way to jump down a thread to the posts that are new since your last visit?

That was a feature I really liked on the old board, especially for some the threads that got long.

2. Krang

Krang New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    On the opening page of the forums,scroll to the bottom and look for 10 new posts, etc. since last visit. That should do it. :)

3. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    That doesn't really solve the issue. I too loved the 'go to first unread post' feature. It allowed you to easily skip WITHIN a thread to the new material. Fast & easy.

The '10 new posts' function only shows you single posts across the entire forum.

All in all, this new forum is harder to navigate.

4. yzguy

yzguy New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    yes I to sorely miss the jump to first unread post link, also. It was a link that opend up the thread and jumped you to the first unread post in that thread (so you don't have to wade through all the stuff you already read). It made reading the board much faster.... (which is important because of my limited board time)

5. yzguy

yzguy New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    oh and possibly another idea about showing all new topics that should be pretty easy, would be to just add an option to the search screen to show all topics with new posts since my last login.