Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I'm guessing that there is no way to order either a su-22 with the charlie stock already on it. Accessorizing is the bread and butter of making some profits, which I'm all for kel-tec doing, as I love their products.
2. Any way to trade back in the fore-end and get the bipod?
3. Is there an ETA on that second batch?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
The folding bipod (the ones on the SU-16's) will not fit the SU-22, since the front sight block is in the wrong place and does not have the hole for the bipod axis.

The underfolding C stock is not currently available on the SU-22 because the magazine is too long to allow the stock to fold over the mag. Once a shorter mag is available, then an SU-22C model is likelly to be available (no Idea when a short mag will be available, but I think Black Dog Machine is working on it).  You can purchase the C-stock and put it on yourself, you may even be able to re-sell or possibly trade the A-stock for a C-stock.

next batch of SU-22's are a few weeks away. Barrel blanks are being machined as we speak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KTWM, any ETA on the short mag C versions? I'ts not like you guys are rolling out anything big right now.... ::)
If its down the pike, I'll wait to get exactly what I want. If not, close enough will have to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
we will know more after the SHOT show, when we talk with all the distributors, and the magazine manufacturer.

An SU-22C is likelly to happen, but I believe the instruction manual may need to be modified, or an addendum added. We will know more after SHOT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
I'm seriously considering swapping stocks between Carlotte and Su Too so I can have the mag storage feature on the 5.56, where it's actually useful (the factory .22 mag is too long to fit into the Alpha stock). Actually, I'll probably wind up swapping them back and forth as whim dictates... :-?

And yet, a side-folder for Su Too is tempting, well, "just because".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
I just did the swap. Besides the practical purpose I mentioned above, the rifles look better to my eye; they just look more balanced.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,075 Posts
I like all the combinations, but I like the Charlie stock better on the SU-22, too.

Don't you just love the free market, where consumers have choices and can decide for themselves what they like best?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shep854 said:
I'm seriously considering swapping stocks between Carlotte and Su Too so I can have the mag storage feature on the 5.56, where it's actually useful (the factory .22 mag is too long to fit into the Alpha stock).  Actually, I'll probably wind up swapping them back and forth as whim dictates... :-?

And yet, a side-folder for Su Too is tempting, well, "just because".
If you'd like to swap alpha for charlie, I'll pick up an su-22, send you the the alpha if you'd care to make yours a matching set...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
aaroncstevens said:
[quote author=shep854 link=1223787186/0#5 date=1231425704]I'm seriously considering swapping stocks between Carlotte and Su Too so I can have the mag storage feature on the 5.56, where it's actually useful (the factory .22 mag is too long to fit into the Alpha stock).  Actually, I'll probably wind up swapping them back and forth as whim dictates... :-?

And yet, a side-folder for Su Too is tempting, well, "just because".
If you'd like to swap alpha for charlie, I'll pick up an su-22, send you the the alpha if you'd care to make yours a matching set...[/quote]

Get the SU22 anyway! I have found myself thinking about trying to get one of each K-T firearm, for a complete set.

In the short term, a short .22 mag will do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
Liberty4Ever said:
I like all the combinations, but I like the Charlie stock better on the SU-22, too.

Don't you just love the free market, where consumers have choices and can decide for themselves what they like best?
Of course, there's still that pesky "pay for it" part. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
[quote author=Liberty4Ever link=1223787186/0#11 date=1231509816I like to think that I'm stimulating the economy in and around Cocoa Florida.
[/quote]

Come to think of it, I wonder if the anti's realize just how much they are stimulating the economy? :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ktwm said:
we will know more after the SHOT show, when we talk with all the distributors, and the magazine manufacturer.

An SU-22C is likelly to happen, but I believe the instruction manual may need to be modified, or an addendum added. We will know more after SHOT.
Now that SHOT is over, any news as to when the su-22 charlie version could become available? As if you guys don't have enough to do with the RFB rolliing out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
we showed the SU-22C and SU-22E at SHOT. They are both available for ordering from Distributors, they should be available by April. No orders yet, so tell your dealers about it (the distributors should have it listed).

SU-22C was MSRP $450
SU-22E was MSRP $490

SU-22C will be available first. (only need the short magazines, and maybe an addendum to the instruction manual)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ktwm said:
we showed the SU-22C and SU-22E at SHOT.  They are both available for ordering from Distributors, they should be available by April. No orders yet, so tell your dealers about it (the distributors should have it listed).

SU-22C was MSRP $450
SU-22E was MSRP $490

SU-22C will be available first. (only need the short magazines, and maybe an addendum to the instruction manual)
I love you, man.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top