Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new P-3AT is doing great after 150 rounds (got it last week) and despite all the neg coments about it, it has only had a FTF once. I lent it to someone at the firing range and he probably limp wristed. The Bersa extension took me all of 30 seconds to install and cost me $11.00 and was delivered to me within a week or less, so im happy.

My question is,,, my trigger finger hurts to hell after 5 shots. Is this normal. I know it is not a range friendly gun but this is not normal. I end up putting my finger in as deep as it will go to aleviate this.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix or something you can recomend, besides shooting less than 5 rounds......

I posted on another BB, seems im not the only one. Any other fixes on the trigger besides using a file. Will any other trigger fit? Seems like a poor design and shape for such a heavy trigger. Any geniusus out there?

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Is it hurting the front or back of your finger?

Front: Smooth the trigger with some 600 grit (mold lines, etc)

Back: Smooth the inside of the trigger guard and hold the trigger down until the gun has recoiled, then release fully.

Put a bandaid on your finger BEFORE shooting. ;D

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm surprised. The trigger on my P3 is a dream. Very smooth and very light plus the length of grip to trigger is perfect.
That said, the axis of the trigger could be slightly lower, occasionally my finger will get pinched slightly between the bottom of the trigger and the trigger guard.

·
Registered
239 Posts
More help on the way for our fingers!

Went to Office Depot and picked up a box of finger cots, less than $2.

I can still feel my finger getting slammed (I'm trying to hold it then slowly release) but not cut!

2nd use: while loading my Glock mags with about 150 rnds my thumb gets pretty sore - slip one of these on and no issues ;D

·
Registered
702 Posts
If it is hurting the front of your finger........I cut a piece of "mole skin" into a strip and stick it to the front of the trigger guard. Seems to work for me.

ps..mole skin is sold in most drug stores ..people use it for their bunions etc....and wears much better than any tape etc.....I never tried it on my finger but that might work too...

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
BUENHEC said:
I end up putting my finger in as deep as it will go to aleviate this.
thats the way that i started using it but it caused me to pull the shots high and to the right,also makes it harder to fully squeeze off a shot. had to get use to using the pad of my finger and just keeping a firm grip on the gun.it is definitely not like my other guns,but then again its not supposed to be. ;D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bandaid works. My nail pinches the flesh on the edge of the finger, really hurts but I like my P-3AT, especially here in AZ where carrying my Sig229 can get really difficult in the summer.

I will try to smooth it out with a file. I also put a dot of rustoleum on the front sight and it helps me aim a little quicker.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
BUENHEC
If all else fails you can give me this particular gun and buy another one thus ending the problem with this one.
I will take good care of it and shoot it often.
However I hope the combination of fixes solves the problem.
One other fix is to keep shooting and shooting until a callous forms on the finger in question.
Just kidding smoothing the ridges helped mine. ;D

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
BUENHEC said:
The bandaid works. My nail pinches the flesh on the edge of the finger, really hurts but I like my P-3AT, especially here in AZ where carrying my Sig229 can get really difficult in the summer.

I will try to smooth it out with a file. I also put a dot of rustoleum on the front sight and it helps me aim a little quicker.
Where in Az are you?? I'm in Bullhead. On making the trigger smooth. Get some shrink tubing, slip it on the trigger, heat with a blow dryer. Bingo, Smooth custom fit cover!

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
You could also remove the frame and dip the trigger in that plastic coat stuff. It's been done. :-/

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just order an extra mag and belt clip and I found the following:

0.1 10 P-11, PF-9, P-32, P-3AT, SUB-2K P11-392G Trigger Shoe: Black, Grooved $9.50

Attaches to existing trigger with 2 set screws using the included wrench. Increases the trigger width to 0.5" (12.7mm) Black anodized aluminum...

HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS? IS IT NEW?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.