Any stiffer recoil springs available?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by coltc, Dec 23, 2007.

1. coltc

coltc New Member

Dec 23, 2007
    I have seen them offered for the 32 but not the 380. I was wondering if anyone knows of a place to get some stiffer recoil springs for the P3AT? Every once in a while I get the slide stuck back and it fails to feed. I just give it a bump and it's good to go and this usually only happens after firing it a bit, but I want to give some stiff springs a try. I'm sure my factory springs could use replaced by now too, it's a first gen....Thanks.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    While I don't use them,
    the wolff P32 will fit and several here use them.
    But a new set from KT is only a buck

OH Welcome to KTOG ( i Just notice it was your first post)

3. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    Welcome to the best Kel-Tec forum on the 'net.
    Since it's a 1st gen it probably needs new recoil springs. It is my impression that K/T has increased the quality of their recoil springs in the last few years. Also, check for a slide burr as illustrated in the link below.

PshootR
    http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/slidebur.htm

4. coltc

coltc New Member

Dec 23, 2007
    No burr hanging it up or anything...

I thought I read on here a while ago that some people were using the wolf 32 springs in the 380 but they didn't really offer any difference in stiffness. If someone uses them and thinks otherwise please chime in... Thanks..

I figured these old springs needed replaced by now but I thought I'd try to find some stiffer ones before getting the factory ones. Sometimes I shoot some ammo that's a little warm. ;)

5. fwm

fwm New Member

Jun 14, 2006
    NW MO
    If your springs are worn, just replace them with stock springs. If you get heavier springs, it may not be reliable with some ammo. The stock springs on my two work just fine for all ammo I have shot, both high and low powered.