Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I run suppressed almost all the time. I modified the Gen1 system (cutting another flat on the piston so I could rotate it). It shoots great now at 5 clicks out but the piston does tend to build up carbon quickly with the extra gas from the suppressor.
I know there was an issue with the recoil springs breaking off and is fixed in the gen 2 but I haven't heard how well the gen 2 handles a supressor. Any other things I should be aware of?
Last time I called, Keltec said they would upgrade for free since the Gen1 system does perform well supressed unless modded.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
First, I run suppressed almost all the time. I modified the Gen1 system (cutting another flat on the piston so I could rotate it). It shoots great now at 5 clicks out but the piston does tend to build up carbon quickly with the extra gas from the suppressor.
I know there was an issue with the recoil springs breaking off and is fixed in the gen 2 but I haven't heard how well the gen 2 handles a supressor. Any other things I should be aware of?
Last time I called, Keltec said they would upgrade for free since the Gen1 system does perform well supressed unless modded.
Sounds like you already took care of it with the other flat on the piston.
If you didn't have the resources to do that, then you'd need to send it in.
As near as I can tell, most gen 2 users swap pistons to go from suppressed to non-suppressed.
If your modified gen 1 piston will work both (by rotating it) you're ahead.
The main reason for the change to the gen 2 piston, was to lower manufacturing costs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.