Any options for that plastic grip?

Discussion in 'KSG Bullpup Shotgun' started by Audtin, Jul 14, 2020.

  1. Audtin

    Audtin Member

    Jul 13, 2020
    Hey! I saw a thread from years ago that started this discussion.
    So it's the plastic, (stock) pistol grip, with a Halle bottom.

    Can I replace it somehow?
    Get grips on the side?
    Grip sleeve?
    Replacement grips from a company like MCARBO or high tech?

    I think it looks cheap.

    Any suggestions help.
    Thank you!
  2. WolfWings

    WolfWings Well-Known Member

    Feb 19, 2020
    Kansas City
    Various companies make grip sleeve or wrap, and a plug to cover the hole, but that's about the only options out there.

    I'd love to see a 'featureless' version of the grip like they did with the RDB-C's honestly instead of the pistol-grip, the more I shoot my RDB-C the more I'm reminded I prefer that grip style over pistol-grip longarms.

  3. dfariswheel

    dfariswheel Well-Known Member

    Jul 17, 2017
    Due to the entire KSG trigger and grip assembly being in one piece, about the only options are some sort of slip-on or stick on panels.

    One easy option is the original "Glock sock"; which was to cut a piece of rubber bicycle tube and roll it up on the grip.
    Companies like Hogue and Pachmayr sell slip-on grips with better checkering, pebbleing, or finger grooves, and you might find one made for another firearm that might work.

    Mcarbo sell stick on panels.
    To insure a good bond of the adhesive the area needs to be very thoroughly cleaned and degreased.
    The down side is, these don't last forever, and removal of worn panels can be difficult.

    A last option is to do what owners of polymer pistols do and that's to stipple the areas you want.
    After some practice on scrap plastic, you can do this with a soldering iron and a modified tip to stipple the area.
    This is permanent and if done well, looks good.