Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have... Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. A new range officer didn't wan't me shooting 22mag for what ever reason so just shot some 9mm and haven't been back yet.
I'm still wondering why no 22mag at that range? I'd have to find a new range because that almost all I shoot. Luckily I can shoot in my backyard.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I believe he was concerned about the higher velocity rounds damaging the plate.

I was with company and not looking to get distracted from shooting / otherwise enjoying myself so didn't push the issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
About 800 rounds through the CMR30. Starting to see some real marks in the aluminum upper's slide where the bolt is slamming back so started using grease there instead of Hopps oil.
The pin that I believe holds the extractor in has slid out about 1/32" so I drifted it back in using a roll pin punch. The bottom of the upper shows marks where that pin may have been peened in at the factory so it it begins to move out of position again I may try peening the pin to hold it.

Over 350 rounds since last cleaning with only 1 stovepipe and no FTFs. Detailed cleaning since shows that the tiny bits of brass are sticking to the plastic of the lower and are hard to wipe away.

But this rifle is a blast to play with. No doubt it's the gun I choose when just walking out back to ping some steels.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Has anybody done the mcarbo ss feedramp mod on the CMR? Doesn't look difficult at all, just seeing if someone has experience with it.

Also, one review suggested it required installing their upgraded ss mag release too.
I just did one
I just did both the feed ramp and the mag release and made a separate post about it. If you click the arrow above, it should take you to that post.

I thought there was a video, but couldn't find it the night my feed ramp arrived. If you could post the link to it on that thread, I expect others would appreciate it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I can see the need for the ramp upgrade on the PMR (just in case scenario), But my CMRs haven't ever caused a problem. Are you upgrading your CMRs for the just in case, or did they need it?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Are you upgrading your CMRs for the just in case, or did they need it?
Just in case. Like people who buy brand new cars and then buy after market upgrades, I want the best I can have. The Kel-Tec CMR/PMR line has a lot of wonderful features and a few shortcomings. The Mcarbo upgrades reduce those shortcomings.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I agree that the benefit for the PMR is apparently great. But the ramp was made for it specifically. The CMR was a much better feeder right out of the gate. I'm just worried that the trunnion was part of that reason. I think I'll wait for MCarbo to make one specific to the CMR.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I agree that the benefit for the PMR is apparently great. But the ramp was made for it specifically. The CMR was a much better feeder right out of the gate. I'm just worried that the trunnion was part of that reason. I think I'll wait for MCarbo to make one specific to the CMR.
The factory ramps in both are identical.

No doubt, the trunnion in the CMR helps. It's like an extension to the ramp. It was made specifically for the factory ramp, which is why it needs to be adapted for the Mcarbo ramp, because the geometry is different and better.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an Mcarbo ramp specific to the CMR. The PMR one from Mcarbo is a great design, and adapting the trunnion on the CMR to match it is the way to go.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It just seems to me that a slight engineering change would allow for the best of both worlds. But I have not done the work, so I can't be sure. Let us know how the new ramp works out at the range. I will do the work if and when it becomes necessary.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I will, however, order three ramps just to have them available like I did firing pins (if TSHTF).

21 - 31 of 31 Posts