Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone posted the Anti-Short Stroke installation instructions?

I received the part from Kel-Tec, after sending a request, but I want to be certain I install it properly.

--

Silly question now, but do ALL 3-AT's require this modification?

Thanks for the reply's.

G

·
qcatrader said:
Has anyone posted the Anti-Short Stroke installation instructions?

I received the part from Kel-Tec, after sending a request, but I want to be certain I install it properly.

--

Silly question now, but do ALL 3-AT's require this modification?

Thanks for the reply's.
None REQUIRE it.  It is a choice you may want to make if you think "short stroking" is a problem.

Concerning the replacement of the HAMMER BLOCK.........use HAMMER BLOCK for your search term......and prepare to replace dry wall and have you wife and kids leave the house for a few hours.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just made this mod to my P32. The only difficult part of the process was getting the hammer block spring back on the hammer block. The only tools I used were a couple of punches, a brass hammer, and a small screwdriver. I got the spring back on the hammer block by pure luck after attempting for 15 or so minutes. I am VERY happy with the results, as my Glock-minded brain won't be able to short-stroke the trigger any longer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Even though I never had a short stroke problem I decided to do the modification to my P-3AT. I followed the instructions posted on this site and the only thing I would add is that the instructions I read didn't mention having to take the frame (Part 210) out of the grip to get at the hammer block. This was probably obvious to everyone but me. :-/

Anyway I got the mod done and think it was worthwhile. Kel Tec got the part to me very quickly.  

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
If you have received one of the new hammer blocks, please take a look at the link below to see how install it.

New Hammer Blocks

TX - this question keeps coming up, and several have said that the instruction in the above link have been useful. Could you consider making that thread a stickey for a while so folks can find it easily.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.