Anti-Short Stroke Installation Instructions

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by qcatrader, Nov 20, 2008.

1. qcatrader

qcatrader New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Has anyone posted the Anti-Short Stroke installation instructions?

I received the part from Kel-Tec, after sending a request, but I want to be certain I install it properly.

--

Silly question now, but do ALL 3-AT's require this modification?

Thanks for the reply's.

2. None REQUIRE it.  It is a choice you may want to make if you think "short stroking" is a problem.

Concerning the replacement of the HAMMER BLOCK.........use HAMMER BLOCK for your search term......and prepare to replace dry wall and have you wife and kids leave the house for a few hours.

3. jesse485

jesse485 New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    I just made this mod to my P32. The only difficult part of the process was getting the hammer block spring back on the hammer block. The only tools I used were a couple of punches, a brass hammer, and a small screwdriver. I got the spring back on the hammer block by pure luck after attempting for 15 or so minutes. I am VERY happy with the results, as my Glock-minded brain won't be able to short-stroke the trigger any longer.

4. exbpo

exbpo New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Even though I never had a short stroke problem I decided to do the modification to my P-3AT. I followed the instructions posted on this site and the only thing I would add is that the instructions I read didn't mention having to take the frame (Part 210) out of the grip to get at the hammer block. This was probably obvious to everyone but me. :-/

Anyway I got the mod done and think it was worthwhile. Kel Tec got the part to me very quickly.  

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  6. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    If you have received one of the new hammer blocks, please take a look at the link below to see how install it.

New Hammer Blocks

TX - this question keeps coming up, and several have said that the instruction in the above link have been useful. Could you consider making that thread a stickey for a while so folks can find it easily.

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas