Featured Answer to new RFB problem

Discussion in 'RFB High Efficiency Rifle' started by mrpski, Sep 14, 2020.

1. mrpski

mrpski Member

Apr 24, 2018
    I have had mine for a couple of years now and worked through most of the pecurarities of this weapon. Now this. rifle will not cycle a new round from mag into chamber. Gas is set right. Rifle fires and bolt goes back & back into battery but does not pick up the next round. Does this with the mag that came with it and also does it with the two aftermarket pmag FAL type mags I bought for the weapon. This is a new thing I have put at least 1000 rounds through it and it does it with all different weights of brass cased ammo I tried. Suspected the mag but all three of them? Another thing, I can manually cycle the bolt and fire rounds all day long no issues. After a session I always take it all the way apart and clean it up, but have no idea what I could have done putting it back together if anything. Any help out there or anyone have this issue and solve it? Again, I know it is not a gas issue.

2. iamscottasus

iamscottasus Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014

3. mrpski

mrpski Member

Apr 24, 2018
    I take it you are saying that there is no spring setting. Had me thinking about that when I first saw it

4. iamscottasus

iamscottasus Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Potential failure to communicate.
    I was suggesting that the springs may have taken a set, that they have lost adequate tension to provide a full cycle. This can happen at any point in the life of a spring.
    When all else looks normal, a spring may surprise you. Take it out and compare its length to others or just replace. If it wasn't the problem, you have a back up.

I recently educated myself about spring rates and how to test them. Very useful stuff.
    Your gun really runs on springs. They need to be right.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    odinforever2000 likes this.
  5. mrpski

mrpski Member

Apr 24, 2018
    It is certainly worth checking out. Thank you for the insight

6. RickyM2

RickyM2 Member

Aug 23, 2020
    In my short experience, I’d say your bolt needs to be replaced. That’s how mine was when the bolt had to be replaced.