Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We usually attribute limpwristing to not locking our wrist or holding the pistol too lightly.  Another factor may be anticipating recoil.

The only time that I've limpwristed (causing a jam) was when I was at an indoor range and there were a number of rifle shooters that day sighting in deer rifles.  The very loud "BOOM" of the deer rifles started to rattle me after awhile and I got very hesitant before I pulled the trigger on my P-3AT, expecting one of the deafening "BOOMs" from some of the nearby lanes.  I had a couple of jams as a result. I know was pushing the pistol forward as I shot.  It didn't happen immediately but after a few magazines.

I had my usual grip but the timing must have been right - pulling the trigger either just when I was pushing the pistol forward or at the point where I stopped pushing forward (anticipating the "BOOM") is what caused the jam.  I'm not sure exactly what point it occured, perhaps I was starting to pull back a bit when the jams happened.  

Whatever the case, I think there's just more to limpwristing than the firmness of your grip or locking your wrist.  It's partially or in some cases, mostly psychological which for most folks would be anticipation of recoil or in my case, a very loud "BOOM".  

·
Registered
10 Posts
And thats why i think they made the L Clono P heaver is becasue Kel-tec is on the edge with the P3at slide weight.

Just enough to do the job but still keep it light as possiable, and anything we do to take away the effect of the recoil on the slide is just asking for trouble.

I bet if a person shaved the slide down to bare min specs it woulnd't feed for ****.

It needs the weight of the slide being pushed back to extract properly and the weight of it against the recoil springs to feed the next round.

I could really tell it with my P32 new out of the box when it wouldn't properly feed a round into the barrel all the way.

I could take my thumb and push the slide the rest of the way forward but a standard recoil or hand rack would have a 50/50 shot at loading it fully in.

Strip it down and notice a few very tiny (im used to working on micro electronics so i have the gear for close exam work) wear marks on the slide and greased it there and it's been like butter since then.

Just that little bit of drag was just enough to stop it, where as on larger weapons you would not have noticed it until you inspected it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.