Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a little over a box of ammo (60-70 rounds) through the P3AT again today. I can only guess the total round count now but it would be somewhere 2700-ish. That would be about 2100 or so of flawless function since replacing the extractor at around round 600. Between this, our his/hers P32s, and the P11 AND PF9 I used to own, that would come to 8000+ consecutive rounds through Kel-tecs without any malfunctions whatsoever. These little pocket rockets just work.

·
Registered
471 Posts
agreed... while ive only owned 2 keltecs, both p32 they have been awesome... my gen 2 has over 1200 rounds and the gen 1 around 200.. bought the gen 1 used and it appears maybe had under 100 fired if that... the gen 1 has its little hammer block quirk if you dont let it reset all the way but other than that flawless....

keltec= one of the most underrated, unappreciated firearm by gun snobs who never gave them the chance...

my p32 is with me 24/7

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny thing about this is I was recently talking to a guy I know who is generally not a gun snob, but is just anti-Kel-tec. It was the second time I've had someone try to convince me that I'm imagining the reliability of my Kel-tecs. How can I be duped into thinking my gun is functioning flawlessly? It's crazy talk.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I wish I could say both of my P-32's and P3aT have always performed flawlessly, but I can't. However, after fluff and buffing, installing new springs/parts and experiementing with different ammo, they've been 100 percent reliable the last few hundred rounds through them.

Used to carry the P-32, but now I carry the P3aT.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update... a few years later...
A while back I sold the P3AT to my brother in law. He gave her a good home and tucks her in at night. We're still shooting it. Round count is about 5k now. Malfunction count is zero. Shot it till it was blazing hot this past Sunday. It just will not malfunction.

·
Registered
49 Posts
They are pretty reliable, aren't they? I take mine out and run a couple of mags through it every month or so, and after 12+ years it's still cranking out whatever I feed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts