another range report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by toddmog, Apr 28, 2008.

1. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Put another 50 rounds through my HC p3at this weekend. Had two stovepipes...one each in the first two mags fired. Flawlesss after that. I had another 50 rounds to put through but ran out of daylight :(

I'm only up to 107 rounds now with 1 FTF and 2 Stovepipes. I know the FTF was me limp wristing at the end of a long day at the range. I really wish I had more time to shoot.

On another note, I'll likely be ordering Sprinters slip on grip cover. I've gone from bike tube to handall jr., back to bike tube and it just slips a little too much.

2. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    Usually a stove pipe indicates limp wristing. I think most of us do that with a really good long day at the range ;)

FTF is something else, but will likely go away once it is broken in. Just to be on the safe side, I use a little bit of grease (dry lube in my case) under the mag lips where the round scrapes against the lips. Also - just to be extreeme about it - a little on the feed ramp where the bullet rubs up the ramp.

And - don't we all wish we had more time to shoot  ;D

3. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    That was likely the problem. I hadn't shot the little guy in quite some time.