Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between the one available on the kel-tec website and the one on the bersa website. Kel-tec's is $6.65 and the Bersa one is $5.00. I was also wondering if I get the bersa one (part 48 on their site) do I also need part 47 (magazine bottom holder) for another $1.00? Obviously, the price isn't a big deal for a matter of dollars. I just wanted to know the difference between the two, if any, and what I actually need if I go with the bersa. I'm aware of the +1 extension from kel-tec, just don't see it as necessary now.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Wow. Is that new? Last I knew, Kel-Tec never sold a non +1 finger extension for the P3.

I have a Bersa one, and I can tell you it's just a little too wide for me - only slightly wider than the bottom part of the grip it butts up against, but it's noticeable. But, I have no idea on the width of these Kel-Tec ones. It may just be the exact same thing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just get the KT +1 extension and enjoy all the benefits with an EXTRA round on board for NO increase in visible foot print as compared to a non-capacity expanding "hooky thingy". ;)

Besides, before the aftermarket metal mag catches, it was shown that pinkie extensions accelerated the normal wear on the stock plastic catches. The was due to the downward motion/pressure exerted on the extension under firing recoil as the muzzle rose.

The KT designed +1 extension provides a "pinky rest" with extra capacity without the forward facing hook.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got my Bersa finger extensions today and while they fit perfectly, I noticed that they are smooth, not grooved like the ones I see in pics on this site. Are there more than one kind out there? Just wondering, they seem to fit fine. I ordered them direct from Bersa since I have a new Thunder 380CC I needed a few extra mags for.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
adamsesq said:
There are three types.  The Bersa, the Scheerer (ribbed/checkered) and one more that escapes me right now.
The NAA:

Of course there's now also the Kel-Tec extension:

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_13&products_id=72

It looks the same as the Scherer (or is it the Bersa?) as best as I can tell from the pics. It may be that they are simply worked out a deal with the manufacturer of the Scherer extension to sell them as their own now.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Thank you Syndil for filling in my mindblank. And I agree, the Scherer (Scheerer?) and the KT are very similar with only minor changes in the style of the groves.

You didn't ask but I will add it here anyway, the extensions are not for everybody. I like my +1 magazine additions but cannot stand any of the finger extensions. The only reason I keep one on my backup mag is that it makes it easier to grab out of a holster or pocket. Every hand is different but they are not necessarily a "must" for all shooters.

-Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.