another pinky extension question

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by toddmog, Sep 11, 2007.

1. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    What is the difference between the one available on the kel-tec website and the one on the bersa website. Kel-tec's is $6.65 and the Bersa one is $5.00. I was also wondering if I get the bersa one (part 48 on their site) do I also need part 47 (magazine bottom holder) for another $1.00? Obviously, the price isn't a big deal for a matter of dollars. I just wanted to know the difference between the two, if any, and what I actually need if I go with the bersa. I'm aware of the +1 extension from kel-tec, just don't see it as necessary now.

2. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Wow. Is that new? Last I knew, Kel-Tec never sold a non +1 finger extension for the P3.

I have a Bersa one, and I can tell you it's just a little too wide for me - only slightly wider than the bottom part of the grip it butts up against, but it's noticeable. But, I have no idea on the width of these Kel-Tec ones. It may just be the exact same thing.

3. glocksandkahrs

glocksandkahrs New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Just get the KT +1 extension and enjoy all the benefits with an EXTRA round on board for NO increase in visible foot print as compared to a non-capacity expanding "hooky thingy". ;)

Besides, before the aftermarket metal mag catches, it was shown that pinkie extensions accelerated the normal wear on the stock plastic catches. The was due to the downward motion/pressure exerted on the extension under firing recoil as the muzzle rose.

The KT designed +1 extension provides a "pinky rest" with extra capacity without the forward facing hook.

4. EW3

EW3 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    I just got my Bersa finger extensions today and while they fit perfectly, I noticed that they are smooth, not grooved like the ones I see in pics on this site. Are there more than one kind out there? Just wondering, they seem to fit fine. I ordered them direct from Bersa since I have a new Thunder 380CC I needed a few extra mags for.

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    There are three types.  The Bersa, the Scheerer (ribbed/checkered) and one more that escapes me right now.  

These are the Scheerer's:
    [​IMG]

-Scott

6. Syndil

Syndil New Member

May 8, 2007
    The NAA:

[​IMG]

Of course there's now also the Kel-Tec extension:

[​IMG]

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_13&products_id=72

It looks the same as the Scherer (or is it the Bersa?) as best as I can tell from the pics. It may be that they are simply worked out a deal with the manufacturer of the Scherer extension to sell them as their own now.

7. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Thank you Syndil for filling in my mindblank. And I agree, the Scherer (Scheerer?) and the KT are very similar with only minor changes in the style of the groves.

You didn't ask but I will add it here anyway, the extensions are not for everybody. I like my +1 magazine additions but cannot stand any of the finger extensions. The only reason I keep one on my backup mag is that it makes it easier to grab out of a holster or pocket. Every hand is different but they are not necessarily a "must" for all shooters.

-Scott

8. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    +1 for what Scott said. I ordered the Bersa ones. Put them on, went to the range, took them off when I got home. Still sitting on the shelf.

My 2¢ worth

wyo-man