Another p3at rang report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by slowroller, Jan 19, 2008.

1. slowroller

slowroller New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I took my new P3at to the range today to run it's first 100 rounds through it, I used Winchester FMJ...I am very well pleased with how the gun performed, I had only a couple of FTE's after about 75 rounds... when I got home I field striped it and found one place that was a little ruff, so I used some sandpaper and knocked off the ruff edge, then oiled it up... Here is a pic of the ruff spot; can anyone tell me what caused this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    As I read, but before the pic came through, I was thinking the ding oppposite the ejector, That is a normal break in, You do need to knock it down to be the origianl plane of the frame rails. I used a scaper, (small knife). Once it gets to where it needs to be, it will stop no more than about an 1/8" little trinagle.

Most assume it is where spent cases impact

Another couple spots to look for and scrape down would be
    2) the frame where the head of the recoil guide rest. When the rod pivots during recoil, the head digs a little groove
    3) the slide frame, just in front of the recess for the trigger disconnect cam

3. slowroller

slowroller New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Thanks JFB, I appreciate the info.... to be honest I was  hesitant on buying the P3at, but now I'm really glad I did.. this Is a great little gun, It just needs a little TLC..... Thanks again