Another P3AT .... Gift for Son

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Zectron2348, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Zectron2348

Zectron2348 New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Youngest son just made SWAT at his department so I bought him a new KT P3AT as a gift.

Had an interesting conversation at the gunshop while purchasing the KT.

They said they had sold 25 to 30 of the new Rugers and have had three come back with complaints. Two with ejection/feed problems, but one with an interesting problem. Seems when you pull the trigger the trigger goes all the way back with some initial resistance, then none at all. Gun does not fire and trigger does not reset. If you then reach up and lightly push on the side of the frame, ...... BOOM, .... the gun discharges. WOW!  Pull the trigger nothing happens until you lightly push on the side of the frame.

They said they occasionally get some KT P3ATs back as well. One just the day before, brand new gun and the assembly pin keeps walking out. I told them to visit this forum and pickup on the information here. They estimated about one in every twenty P3ATs had a problem, and it seemed you either got a good one or a bad one. Interestingly enough they said they could not remember anyone ever having  a problem with the .32s it seemed all the problems were with the .380s.

2. jcp

jcp New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Congrats on the new addition to your family.

That's an interesting conversation you had with the gunshop given my recent experience. I got one of those bad one's. :'( Even after a trip home, it came back unfunctional with the same visible to the eye problem.  >:( However after a plesant conversation with KT service, they agreed to send me a new upper assembly. I installed the new upper assembly yesterday. I stopped by the range on my way home yesterday even though it was drizzling, to test the function. I am happy to report that I put 4 flawless mags through it. :) It looks like I've got one of the good ones now. :D

This was my 1st pocket pistol purchase (1st pistol period). I have to admit I almost gave in to the LCP hype and went with it. I'm very happy now that I went with the original 3AT. I can say with full confidence that even if someone gets "a bad one", that with a little patience the problems can be worked through and corrected with KT service. For me at least, the final result was worth the little bit of inconvience, although I could fully understand how it could turn some people off.

3. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    I'm sure your son will enjoy the P3. As stated occasionally there is a bad one in the bunch. Unfortunately it happens in any manufacturing business and as jcp said they will fix the bad ones.

John

4. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Good dad.

Bo Bryant

5. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Good Job Zectron!

from your long lost SON!

CK

6. B.N.Real

B.N.Real Guest

You're son,like all members of law enforcement need to be armed at all times today.

Continously.

Great to see he will be now.