Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going out back to shoot and my 13 yr old daughter wanted to tag along. I never tell her no when it comes to shooting. I was going to tryout some 95 gr reloads that I just got done making (only reloaded 88gr JHP before).

She hasn't shot anything other than a 22 revolver, and not many rounds through that in a handgun before.
Since she wanted to go I went back and got the 1G P32 for her to shoot. She shot 3 mags of 5 rounds each. Then I let her shoot a mag out of the P3AT, at the end of the mag she looked at me said "I like that one better the trigger isn't as long." She shot another 30 rounds through it after that.

She can't rack the slide on either gun yet. The last mag she shot was 7 rounds, 5 of them on the KTOG postal target and the other 2 on the paper at 5 yards.

Where's the "That's my girl" smiley?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Brings a tear to my eye. Hey, I'm just a guy, but I can relate. Be sure to take a picture of this historic moment (with both of you in it)!!! Not for posting - but for your own benefit.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
It's not everyone that can shoot a P3AT worth a darn.

Good to hear you ain't raisin' no limp-wristers. ;D

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
TxCajun said:
It's not everyone that can shoot a P3AT worth a darn.
Tell me about it! First time shooting mine so far was at a shooting range at which the minimal target distance was 20 yards. 60 feet is a long way to aim at an 8" target with one of these things! Oh well. At least I got most on paper! :-[

Great to see this passed on. Hopefully when I have kids I don't overdo it and bore my kids to death with going shooting, I'll have to balance myself!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.