Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Another New S2K Member Here.

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  LifeNthusiast 
#1 ·
New to the sub2K platform, so new here as well so saying hey. For a few months now I had been pondering a new carbine in a pistol caliber for a gun range/club that me and my girls are joining for a place to get more trigger time consistently. We have mostly higher caliber rifles and they aren't allowed at the range but rimfire and pistol calibers up to 44mag are allowed. We already have a 702 plinkster which has served us very well for years plinking at home, and I picked up a cmmg 22lr AR conversion setup as another for this range, but we still needed a 3rd. So the pistol caliber being an option pushed me to plunge on in to finally just get a carbine in 9mm. I narrowed it down to a hi-point 995ts, the sub2K and a ruger PC. The wife liked the sub2K the most and without hesitation she bought it quickly after handling it at the gun shop..........made it alot easier on me;) So anyhow, saying hello and hopefully we can get this S2K to the range soon to break 'r in.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum!

I liked it the first time I handled mine too. Fed what it likes, and mine doesn't like alum' cased ammo, it has never malfunctioned even once. But give it alum' cased and it's a jammamatic. Mine's the only one like it that I ever heard of but there must be more like it.

#5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes!!! Yeah me and the girls love shooting. My wife was always big into archery long before we met too, so everybody shooting was a cinch. We were talking about the s2k at breakfast, and I did mention we need to just plan for a 2nd as a backup..........maybe even a 3rd:p...........and we havent even run a round through #1 yet, lol. I will say a longer charging handle is needed for the ladies. Deburring and slightly beveling the inside edges of the machined slot of the buffer/receiver tube really helped free up some pulling power to rack it,as it eliminated a good amount of stiction, but those mcarbo extended dealies is soon to be on order.

#6 ·
Lots of upgrades are easy and no brainers. The first major one is a red dot with a 1/3 cowitness mount to get it "up" and solve the sight issue if you folks have one with it. A red dot makes it come alive. The trigger on mine was the pits so I ordered everything MCarbo for the internal replacements. While waiting for the parts to arrive I shot a match with it and the trigger actually got decent. What I'm saying is shoot it a bunch before making huge decisions. But when I bought mine MCarbo was still designing stuff and I had to open it up and go into it a number of times adding things. Trust me on this, you only want to open it up once. You'll understand why when you do it. Buy all replacement parts and install all of them just once.

I shot mine for a few years in competition and liked it a lot. Mods I made to it were the trigger internals only because I had the parts, the feed ramp, charging handle, Red dot on a Midwest ind' swivel mount , manual folding sights, oversize mag' release. It doesn't require much but of course it can be made to weigh a ton by loading it with all sorts of hooks that grab the owner.

#7 ·
So we have a rifle range an hour south thats been 30+ cars deep waiting to get a lane everyday,so we gave up on the place. Took a chance today and got in within 20 minutes. We did get 50 rounds through the s2k. I like it!!! Alot!!!!! I do need to dial in the front sight, but it was within close enough range to let my wife run it through the motions safely and on target at least, which was the main goal. We brought along 2 ARs and the mini14,so we were working all of them in since we have a hard time getting a solid place for the 223/556's to stretch their legs, so the s2k got just a little break-in lovin' for the day to test it out. It will be hers or my main piece at the range club we are joining next month.So point is......Yeah Im hooked on the sub2K!!!!:p

#8 ·
'303, just curious and not looking for an address, in what state do you live?

That line to use the range sounds insane! I know that not everywhere is where I live, but still, it's just crazy! I go to the range and I have any number of bays, entire bays to myself. I'd almost like to have others there for mutual security. The long range has people there during the weekend but plenty of space for more shooters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.