Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Im not sure if this should be posted here or in reviews, so if it needs to be moved go for it.

I finally picked up a NIB P3AT.

Serial # JBXXX

I was looking for quite some time before I found this one. Most of them were not the color I was looking for (black), or they did not have the hard chrome slide that I wanted. I did find a dealer who told me he could get me a black with hard chrome, but he wanted $360.00. I passed.

After a lot of looking I found a Navy Blue with HC for $271. So I jumped on it. Maybe not a steal but it was what I was willing to pay. Capitalism. Don't ya love it.

Once I got it home I took it apart to give it a good inspection. I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did it look good on the outside, but the inside was in nice shape as well. There is no pitting in the barrell and I did not find any debris left over from the machining. Guide rod is very smooth. I half expected something based upon what I have read here at Ktog.org.

I cleaned it with some Hoppes, baked it with some Militec-1, greased it and polished the feed ramp.

I took it to the range and ran 50 rounds of WWB, 50 Amercian Eagle and 10 Speer Gold Dot through it without a single problem. Of course 110 rounds does not mean solid reliable, but its off to a great start.

I shot from 7, 10 and 15 feet. The first 2 mags were a little shakey but once I got used to it accuracy was very good.

The recoil is not as bad as I've heard. It certainly isn't any worse than my .38 snub.

The trigger was decent as well. My (fat) finger did get a little sore at the end but since this isn't a range gun I'm not concerned with it.

The sights really aren't much. Just a notch for the rear and little bump in the front. They did the job though. For what this gun is intended for I would say they are more than adequate.

Concelability is where this baby shines. I picked up a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster and I don't even notice it's in my pocket after a bit.

All in all at this early stage I am very, very happy with the P3AT and would recommend it.

Thanks for a great site with lots of great info.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Welcome.

Glad your gun is doing fine.

That's the first navy blue and chrome one I've seen -- real purty combination!!

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Kel-tec is producing the navy grips exclusively for Sports South. I saw a P11 with the navy grip. Hopefully they are making the P32 and PF9 available with that grip as well.

http://www.sportssouthinc.com/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Posted by: J.T.
Great picture tc95gt. Hope you don't mind but it is now my wallpaper. Thanks for the report.

I don't mind at all. Glad you like it. With all the great info I've received here it's a small contribution.

Posted by: Syndil
I know I'm nitpicking but the gun would show up much better against a white background... looks purty!

I agree. I may try to take another and post it.

Posted by: TxCajun
Kel-tec is producing the navy grips exclusively for Sports South. I saw a P11 with the navy grip. Hopefully they are making the P32 and PF9 available with that grip as well.

When I went to purchase the gun it had an *EXC at the end of the dealer item number. I asked what it meant and he told me it was an exclusive production. I wasn't sure if he was BSing me or what. It didn't matter I liked it so I got it.

Thanks for the replies.

TC

G

·
Not just "...ANOTHER new P3AT", just the nicest looking one I've ever seen. I've not seen the Navy Blue grip at gun shows yet. Mind sharing the dealer's name? I'd pay $271 for an HC/Navy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just picked up my new P3AT yesterday afternoon, it's blued and black, not near as purty as the HC/Navy though. I have been reading about the P3AT for some time here on this forum while trying to catch one in stock somewhere, my nephew called me yesterday afternoon when he located one and had the dealer hold it for me to pick up, I couldn't be too picky about the color. I'm anxious to get some time to take it apart, clean and shoot it. I hope I got lucky to get one with no problems, time will tell, but based on what I've read here, I feel comfortable Kel-Tec will take care of any issues. I have been taking advantage of the wealth of information on this forum and plan on learning more, this is a really great resource, Thanks

G

·
tc95gt Glad to have you here.

tc95gt said:

After a lot of looking I found a Navy Blue with HC for $271. So I jumped on it. Maybe not a steal but it was what I was willing to pay. Capitalism. Don't ya love it.

WHERE did you get a new in box chromed for $271.00?

Mitch... counting his gun $$$$..yes!!!

shayes223 said:
The P3AT may be the most underestimated CCW in history. It sits comfortably in most front pockets and sends 80 grain Cor Bon DPX 9" into a ham breaking a 1.5" bone in the process.

Pictures of this maybe? I would love to see that...

Mitch.... going to Super One this weekend.

P.S... Do I need to bake it :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.