Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Note from my experience... I have noticed when I rack my KSG nice and slow, it doesnt always feed correctly. If I rack it like I hate it and slam it back and forward hard and fast, it cycles everything from 2 3/4 shells to the Mini Shells. If I rack slow on the Minis, it will almost always fail to cycle and sometimes on standard shells. Not saying you are doing it wrong, but it took me a few times to figure out that my KSG likes it rough. Run a few tubes through like it pissed you off and see if that might be the problem before you send it in.

· Registered
5 Posts
If a pump shotgun is working correctly, it doesn't matter how gently and slowly or fast and hard you operate it, it will work properly.
If you have to operate a gun with a certain amount of force or speed the gun will fail when you don't operate it "just right".

What matters, especially with the John Browning/Kel-Tec design shotguns is that you operate it FULLY in both directions.
Operating it firmly can help prevent short stroking, but if you have to do it with a certain speed or force, the gun is not operating correctly and should be repaired.
I agree to a point. I have had shotguns that were in perfect condition in the Army that just didnt work unless you applied force, and I have had others that would almost rack themselves without effort or incident. Sometimes, something just isnt perfect, especially with KelTecs. A little dirt in the wrong place or failure to put that drop of CLP on that spot that doesnt touch anything else can shut down a Mossy 500 in a heartbeat. There is a break in period on almost every one of them, and applying a little authority to them might be the one pump that flattens that burr that is causing a problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts