Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning fellas -

just bought this new baby and took it out to range, a few rounds and gets jammed. It fails to feed a round into the chamber and gets stuck with another round in the front that should eject.

Anyways, I want to send it back to Kel Tec, how’s everyone’s process has been sending it back to get it repaired?

I’m in NY and can I send It directly or needs to be through a dealer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts
Note from my experience... I have noticed when I rack my KSG nice and slow, it doesnt always feed correctly. If I rack it like I hate it and slam it back and forward hard and fast, it cycles everything from 2 3/4 shells to the Mini Shells. If I rack slow on the Minis, it will almost always fail to cycle and sometimes on standard shells. Not saying you are doing it wrong, but it took me a few times to figure out that my KSG likes it rough. Run a few tubes through like it pissed you off and see if that might be the problem before you send it in.

·
Registered
613 Posts
If a pump shotgun is working correctly, it doesn't matter how gently and slowly or fast and hard you operate it, it will work properly.
If you have to operate a gun with a certain amount of force or speed the gun will fail when you don't operate it "just right".

What matters, especially with the John Browning/Kel-Tec design shotguns is that you operate it FULLY in both directions.
Operating it firmly can help prevent short stroking, but if you have to do it with a certain speed or force, the gun is not operating correctly and should be repaired.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If a pump shotgun is working correctly, it doesn't matter how gently and slowly or fast and hard you operate it, it will work properly.
If you have to operate a gun with a certain amount of force or speed the gun will fail when you don't operate it "just right".

What matters, especially with the John Browning/Kel-Tec design shotguns is that you operate it FULLY in both directions.
Operating it firmly can help prevent short stroking, but if you have to do it with a certain speed or force, the gun is not operating correctly and should be repaired.
I agree to a point. I have had shotguns that were in perfect condition in the Army that just didnt work unless you applied force, and I have had others that would almost rack themselves without effort or incident. Sometimes, something just isnt perfect, especially with KelTecs. A little dirt in the wrong place or failure to put that drop of CLP on that spot that doesnt touch anything else can shut down a Mossy 500 in a heartbeat. There is a break in period on almost every one of them, and applying a little authority to them might be the one pump that flattens that burr that is causing a problem.

·
Registered
KSG 2022
4 Posts
It’s too easy to short rack these. Before sending it in, ensure full length strokes until it can’t go any more. Otherwise, you’ll have the same issue after sending it in and getting it back with no work done to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts