Another new Kel-Tec

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by frankjg, Nov 6, 2010.

1. frankjg

frankjg New Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Bought P-3AT this afternoon stopped at range and put 75 rounds thru it and..Not a bump.
    Very nice gun but not as able to handle it as well as my Bodyguard 380. Its my 5th Kel-Tec gun in 4 months and all work perfectly.Main difference I see is that its a bit light in the grip area. Now to get a grip cover.

Frank

2. gbarber010

gbarber010 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Prattville, AL
    Great, I'm on my 3rd Keltec (one 32 and two 380). How is the reliability with the Bodyguard. My Keltec have been 100% all 3 times.

3. Mike1234

Mike1234 New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    If I buy another P-3AT I'm getting the extended 9 round mag with integral grip extension. I'll bet it carries just fine with the extended mag but, if not, I'll just carry the 9 rnd mag as a spare.

4. frankjg

frankjg New Member

Sep 10, 2010
    My results have been great with the BG380. 300+ rounds and not a bump.

But I have to say the same for all my Kel-Tec, Walther and S&W's I have no idea why except that all the 380's shoot the same ammo. I use USA AMMO 100gr reloads and I have gone thru a thousand between guns and except for a few non fires with proper strikes no other problems.

Frank

5. rosieK

rosieK New Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I have seen comments on the unusual concealment concepts pocket pal holster for the 3at both pro and con. Based on the initial thread, I mention this holster for one reason. As unusual as it is, I find it provides me outstanding grip stability. As a one-piece holster/firearm with my middle finger sitting in its appropriate hole/location and the other hand's trigger finger pushing on the front edge of the holster, the package is very secure and comfortable. Having no problem with other aspects of its design that easily can take criticism (IMO, for the 3at and its significant trigger pull--no big deal), secure and excellent grip and immediate presentation are just perfect for me. Just sayin

6. autobahn

autobahn New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    frankjk,

I bought a bicycle inner tube at Walmart for about $4. Cut a length and slipped it on the grip of my P3-AT. It makes a world of difference. I had a friend buy a P3-AT and I cut a piece for him and he loves it too. I have lots left over for future guns/projects

7. rosieK

rosieK New Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Talking about bicycle parts for firearms etc, I have used pieces of bicycle tires and glued them to the top edge of a simple Uncle Mikes pocket holster effectively making a "thumb push" design without paying for same. The thumb push design is the best way to defeat any pocket holster movement when you go to draw the firearm. The slight "thumb push ledge" is located right where your thumb ends up as you grab for the firearm; that is where you glue the piece of bike tire. As you pull on the firearm, you are pushing on the ledge, thus maintaining the position of the holster and avoiding the firearm from sticking or having the holster start to come out with the firearm. It is a definite plus to holster design and, IMO, proves better than the sticky outsides or even the "horns" they use on the base of the holsters. Look at a FIST or a Grandfather Oak and you can see what a manufactured "thumb push" looks like. If the look of the holster is not important (in my book it is in my pocket and I could not care less), than you can have one for $10 and not the $40-50 or so for the manufactured one. Just sayin.

8. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    That works pretty well and is cheaper than buying a slip on grip cover for every gun you own. One inner tube will cover a whole bunch of grips!

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    FWIW, try the thorn-proof tubes. Some are twice+ the thickness of standard bike tubes and make better grip covers, IMO.