Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;D
Went to the store and ran across a new 3AT that had just come in for 250.00 so I had to pick it up.  Where have they been hiding???  Serial is still JAXXX.  I think I saw a post with a K?  ammo is getting scarce here too :'(  ended up buying Federal HS 17.00 for 50, I hope they work! ;D

Edited to add.....I just have to mention how disappointed I am in this new P3AT >:( I took it apart to clean up the feed ramp and do some polishing, when I realized that there were NO machine marks on the ramp or in the throat :-/ How much fun is that ??? Guess I'll have to lube it and shoot it! ;D

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Drivelane said:
Edited to add.....I just have to mention how disappointed I am in this new P3AT >:(  I took it apart to clean up the feed ramp and do some polishing, when I realized that there were NO machine marks on the ramp or in the throat  :-/  How much fun is that ???  Guess I'll have to lube it and shoot it! ;D
Well you think you are disappointed now, wait until it shoots just fine with nothing more to do to it.

-Scott

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just picked one up myself. I had my choice between a brand new one (S/N J4JXX) and a slightly used one (S/N J1JXX) with a $40 difference in price. The guide rod hole on the used one was just about the thickness of a dime. The guide rod hole on the new one was paper thin (no exaggeration!) and the machining marks inside the slide were horrible.

I ended up going with the slightly used one with the better slide. I hope I chose well.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Drivelane said:
I realized that there were NO machine marks on the ramp or in the throat :-/ How much fun is that ???
I agree! Kel-Tec is taking all the fun away. It’s just not right!

Wilson – who’s wondering if he wasted him money on that ACME Gunsmithing course :-/

PS how much can I get for a slightly used Dremel in a Garage Sell

·
Registered
585 Posts
smithbm said:
I just picked one up myself.  I had my choice between a brand new one (S/N J4JXX) and a slightly used one (S/N J1JXX) with a $40 difference in price.  The guide rod hole on the used one was just about the thickness of a dime.  The guide rod hole on the new one was paper thin (no exaggeration!) and the machining marks inside the slide were horrible.

I ended up going with the slightly used one with the better slide.  I hope I chose well.
You did well! Isn't it nice to know what to look for! :)

And, Isn't it nice to know that Kel-Tec will stand behind this gun no matter what! :)

TucsonMTB . . . who thinks KTOG rules!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.