Another HO-HUM Range Report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Nu_Agin_Shooter, Jul 3, 2008.

1. It has been awhile since I shot my Blued CTC Laser equiped 3AT.

Took it to the range with out any extra lube or prep. since the last cleaning before I put it in the safe at least 2 months ago.

50 rounds Winchester White Box- no issues.

7 Rounds Santa Barbara - no issues.

Best 7 shot group:

[​IMG]

That is a quarter nestled in the group.

2. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Good shootin'! I hope to get that accurat with mine one day too!

3. olemissmike

olemissmike Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Yeah, I would take that also. I am not happry with my accuracy and know that it is me and not the pistol. It is so little, it really takes practice....

4. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Pretty good shootin' there NAS. Does that little lazer make a lot of difference for you?

5. norton

norton New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Paint me gree with envy on that group! What distance?
    What's Santa Barbara?
    I have shot just about everything through mine now. The only stuff I don't like is the Blazer, seems hotter.
    Happy Fourth!
    Norton

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hi NAS,

Were you shooting for groups? I'd really like to see some laser shooting results done up closer, like < 10', double taps, strong hand only and from a holster draw. Where I'm going with this is trying to determine, without having to make the investment myself  :), whether using a laser would be a plus or a minus in an up close 3-4 round shootout.

Thanks...

7. Potlicquor

Potlicquor New Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Very nice shooting there...maybe someday I can group 'em that good?   :cool:

8. Absolutley- and my eyes need all the help they can get!

21'

Santa Barbra... you can search the net and find some reports- but from my understanding---it is a Spanish Mil-Surp that was alledged to be made for a small full auto machine pistol. I have not done any crono test...but it seems a tad hotter than DPX...I know the SB empties get thrown farther than the others by about 8-10 feet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes

Not yesterday- but recently I have been doing some close quarter drills.

Starting with weak hand on backstop, draw and double tap with gun at my hip...back up a step or two and double tap with gun at what I have always considered at the ready...that is gun slightly foward of body and between navel and chest. Then back up two or three more steps, and double tap head shots with gun at normal shootin stance. All of this, except the last two shots, is done with out a sight picture. I do have a laser on my carry- but do not use it for this drill. I will say though, IMHO, a laser could nver hurt unless I became dependent on it.

9. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    NAS,

Thanks for the reply. Though you use it the opposite way you've got me thinking that a laser would be good for "close quarter drills" even if not used for carry. I've got two P3ATs, my current carry soon to be religated to practice only and my newest P3At, once broken in, religated to primarily carry. Think I just might save for a laser and give it a try. These soon to be 64 year old eyes have see better days :)

Take care...

10. downhill

downhill New Member

Jul 2, 2008
    So is that semiblind ammo for us semiblind guys?? ;D That's a nice group! Another advantage to the laser in a real tussle is that you don't need the gun in firing position in front of your eye to make an aimed shot. This allows you to keep the weapon closer to your body in a hands on situation and insure retention of the weapon. That's why I think a laser on these little pocket guns is such a good idea. The likely encounters could be close and hairy.

David