Another great job from Jack

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by diamond_jim, Jul 7, 2009.

1. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Jack did the nickle plating, the trigger has a piece of stethascope tube, and she has about 750 rds through her but have not had any practice ammo for 3 mo. My little carry  piece... Jim <><

[​IMG]

2. Alton

Alton New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Way to go Jim, You gun looks Great.

3. rizo

rizo New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    One of the better looking KT`S I`ve seen...nice job

4. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Thank You, Jack did my 32 also, and other than 5 short strokes with the 32, which was fine after cleaning the fp channel and putting some graphite in it, they both have worked perfect, combined over 1000 rds, and still going if I could find some 380 ammo. Jim <><

5. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Looks good...

John

6. Walkers

Walkers New Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Very sharp looking gun.

7. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    Looks great Jim!

The only ammo I can find is DPX.

Craig

8. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I've still got 1 1/2 boxes of Hornady CD's, but don't want to use them for practice, Bart will save me some when it starts moving again, and thanks fellows for the compliments, I really like Jack's nickle plated work. Jim <><

9. norfdet

norfdet New Member

May 27, 2005
    tell me about the grip panels, I think I just ordered the same ones off of e-bay but in black.

also how did you apply the stethoscope tubing? is there anything to it other than just cutting it to fit and slipping it on?

10. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    tell me about the grip panels, I think I just ordered the same ones off of e-bay but in black.

also how did you apply the stethoscope tubing? is there anything to it other than just cutting it to fit and slipping it on?
    [/quote]

The grip panels are from www.tractiongrips.com, just stick on. I used silicone spray to the inside of the tube, slid it on, waited a couple hrs till it dried, then put a couple drops of super glue on either end. Haven't had a sore finger since. Jim <><

11. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Don at Traction Grips is an upright guy. I have his grips on my P3AT, on both mine and my wife's XDs, and I put some of his universal grips on my Ruger P95. I've not had a single problem with the grips coming loose either. You can order with confidence. I'll buy more from Don in the future.

12. norfdet

norfdet New Member

May 27, 2005
    Don at Traction Grips is an upright guy. I have his grips on my P3AT, on both mine and my wife's XDs, and I put some of his universal grips on my Ruger P95. I've not had a single problem with the grips coming loose either. You can order with confidence. I'll buy more from Don in the future.[/quote]

That's good to hear, I bought a set for my P3AT and if they workout as advertised, I will probably pick up a set for my Glock 19.

13. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007

Say can't find that link I had for Jack anyone got one for his website, just considering about this as a possibility say is it still 30 bucks?? Thanks

Tom j.

14. subsonix

subsonix New Member

May 22, 2009
    [link]http://www.gunsmith.fuselier.com/slideoffer.html[/link]

15. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Thanks!!

Tom j.

16. WesKCMO

WesKCMO New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Thats the most reasonable refinishing price Ive seen and the work looks flawless.

17. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Kind of hard to tell from the picture but whats the difference in appearance between HC and Nickle they look close and which one is more durable. Thanks!!

Tom j.

18. WesKCMO

WesKCMO New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Kind of what I was wondering(which is more durable? HC or NKL) not that it matters to me now anyways... just got done ordering a cheap blued one to get this done. Just couldn't find a chrome one local and all the sites and auctions are ridiculous right now.