Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range today with my new 2G HC. No prep, straight out of the box.

Fired 50 rds of S&B FMJ. 100% reliable. Fired with both 2 hand and 1 hand grips.

Fired 20 rds of Golddot. 1 FTF. This was the first round in the magazine. 2 hand grip. Rest of the 20 loaded and fired fine with 1 and 2 hand grips.

Recoil and controlability was much better than expected in such a small gun.

The tiny sights are horrible. I'm gonna have to paint some dots on this thing.

Acccuracy is what I'd expect from a tiny gun with lousy sights :-/ It is def a close up weapon.

Not enough rounds thru it to feel comfortable with the gold dots so for now I'll carry it with a gold dot in the chamber and the mag full of FMJ

I'll report again when the brown bear and DPX show up.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
you have to walk before you can run....do what ever you feel comfortable with.....do clean, lube, and polish the feed ramp to help break it in...also remember to keep tight the extractor bolt...gpr ;D ;D ;D

G

·
steelhorse. alitlte F & B on the feed ramp and the barrel chamber would be excellent. Mine is now mirrow finished. Also some lube on the rails and barrel pin would not hurt a darn thing either. These little guns seems to like alittle lube on the rails and on the hammer face also. Just a dab will do ya though, then shoot it like u stole it. Shoot good ammo to, crap ammo belongs in the bottom of an outhouse...

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
steelhorses said:
I'll report again when the brown bear and DPX show up.

If you haven't already ordered the Brown Bear I wouldn't. Steel cased ammo generally does not work well in these guns. I haven't heard of anyone who can shoot it without problems.

Sounds as you are off to a good start other than the one FTFeed, as someone else said polishing the feed ramp should help with that. Polish in the direction of travel with 400/600 grit sandpaper.

Try shooting with any or all of the following ammo for practice. Mag tech, S&B, Federal American Eagle, UMC, Fiocchi, and Win White Box. Some have good luck with the Win White Box(WWB) others do not.

Don't get discouraged if you have some problems with a certain ammo, just try another. Some of these small pistols are ammo selective. Most problems with ammo show up as FTExtract though.

Again I don't recommend shooting any of the steel cased ammo, your just asking for problems.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
When I bought mine the guy that sold it to me asked me if I wanted ammo and handed me a box of Brown Bear. I took it because it was cheap and just wanted to burn some rounds off for break in.

The first 3 shots with the Brown Bear all were FTE.

I then shot some WWB and Mag tec. The first time out.

Had a few more FTE's.

After a clean and lube the second time out with Mag tec and wwb was good.

Just got back from shooting tonight 3rd time out and ran 12 Mag tec's and 50 wwb with no problems.

Stay away from Brown Bear in your p3-AT

I gave that crap away

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all :)

Unfortunately the brown bear was shipped yesterday. I'll give it a try but will expect problems. Since I won't be able to give it away here maybe I can toss it in with the halloween candy next year? ;)

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Your gun will probably shoot it... eventually.

Stick with brass-cased ammo of reasonable quality. That would not include American Ammunition (headstamped A-Merc) or gunshow reloads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.