Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new P3AT to the range last night. I took a box of cheap Independence ammo and a box of Speer Gold Dot. I also picked up a box of Speer Lawman TMJ at the range since we are required to shoot range bought ammo (Don’t fret. They sell it at a low cost) I can also get Speer Gold Dot in a box of 50 for $14, .40SW is $13…

So I load it up and shoot 5 shots at three yards. Wow, first time I shot a .380. Lots of power or at least felt recoil due to the size of the pistol. I usually shoot Glock .40’s in the 22, 23, 27 configurations.

Below is a pic of my success. No hiccups. Every round functioned flawlessly. I shot 50 of the Lawman, 10 of the Independence, and 10 Gold Dots. This is truly a great small BUG. It will fill the nitch I have been looking to fill for some time. I appreciate all of the links and advice from other users. The lubrication link is especially helpful. I used Break-Free for oil and Tetra Gun Grease. I use these exclusively on my Glocks, S2K, and AR.

Top center: 3 yards
Lower Left: 5 yards
Lower Right: 7 yards (two flyers are operator induced)

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  Welcome to the P3AT forum, GB! Glad to see that you know what's up with the KT mini-blaster.

Just be aware that, unlike your Glocks, you MUST let this trigger reset fully (2 clicks) or you will get light-strike misfires.

It is also much easier to limp wrist this little hand-cannon, so always keep your wrist stiff.

Packer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.