And Yet ANOTHER new P3AT owner

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by PHQAdmin, Jan 12, 2008.

1. PHQAdmin

PHQAdmin New Member

Jan 1, 2008
    I have been looking at these rascals for quite some time and have been on this forum for over a month or so reading it everyday all day.

I went to the gun show today in Birch Run Michigan with the intentions on walking out with a blued 3AT. Even took the wife with me as she wanted to check on CC purses. Well after shopping and shopping, seemed the going rate at the show was $269.95 + tax and I decided to just eat it and get it rather than wait any longer. Well on the way back to the booth, the wife points out a Blue Handle Chromed model that was listed for $290 + tax.

I was SOLD, I had to have it, wanted one but knew it would be a hard find and there it was looking me in the face. The wife is browsing the case and says, "Hey, isn't that the PF9 that's hard to find?" Yep and it's an R5Txx model too. She says, "Why don't you see if you can get a deal on them if bought together".

List on the PF9 was $280 + tax. So $570 + tax on the set and they walked us out the door for $560 total on the both.

I thought it was a good deal so I own them both even though I don't want the PF9. I think I learned a moral though...... If you buy the wife a new purse she opens it more easily?? I wonder how many more purses it would take to get a SU16......... guess we'll have to find out at the March gun show.

Take Care
    -Jeff

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Good deal Jeff! $230 a piece out the door is excellent, epsecially since one is hard chorme. As you probably know, that PF9 has all the latest updates. :cool:

3. PHQAdmin

PHQAdmin New Member

Jan 1, 2008
    If it was $230 I would be ecstatic! It was $280 though. LOL I am still pretty happy however.

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Oops...  Still less than many have paid.  I saw one of those hard chrome, navy gripped P3ATs at the local show last weekend.  IIRC, it was tagged a $270 + tax which would have put it at about $293 out the door.  The only vendor that had any left (late Sunday) wanted $300 + tax for a blued PF9.  Fat chance!  >:(

5. PHQAdmin

PHQAdmin New Member

Jan 1, 2008
    Well I'm probably gonna put the PF9 up for sale for about the $280 and hope I can move it out. Don't need it, but it saved me money on the 3AT.

6. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    I have a hard chromed navy blue that I bought about a month ago. Very happy with it so far!

7. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    Feel like sellin' the PF9? ;D

8. PHQAdmin

PHQAdmin New Member

Jan 1, 2008
  9. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    I would check with your wife first, did you ever thing she wanted you to buy it for here new CC purse. ::)

10. PHQAdmin

PHQAdmin New Member

Jan 1, 2008
    LOL, well sprinter, true, but she has a S&W 908 that she loves and wants nothing else. I didn't ask when I bought the grips from you for a gun I didn't even have yet and she thought it was good planning LOL

Her 908 is bigger than the 3AT I suppose I should tread water lightly. :)

11. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    To Comply with the rules of the Forum, "I'll Take It"

PM sent.