Ammo for breaking in P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by TNHitter, Aug 16, 2009.

1. TNHitter

TNHitter New Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Ive never had a .380 before and should be getting my new baby next week. What is a good/cheap ammo to use for the break in sessions?

2. drg-racr

drg-racr New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    The PRVI Partizan is great break in ammo. Lower recoil than most other ammo and fairly cheap if you can find it online. I picked up 4 boxes from MidwayUSA last week but I am not sure if they have it in stock currently.

3. lee4019

lee4019 New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Parvi, fiocchi and blazer is what I used.

4. StanSimmons

StanSimmons New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I used Winchester white box and Blazer.

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Most any factory, brass-cased ammo will do although some guns can be a little ammo-picky, especially during break-in.  Most stick to FMJ rounds for break-in as it is cheaper and generally feeds better than some JHP.  Rem UMC is widely available and usually feeds well as do most other round-nosed FMJ rounds.  The Win White Box is widely available but is a flat-nosed round and may or may not feed perfectly, especially in a new gun.  

6. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    +1 as always to TX's post.

I used American Eagle FMJ, it was what my LGS had when I bought my P3 and I've heard good about. My P3 shoots the AE just fine.
    I think the ammo you should use is what ever FMJ you can find at this point. ;)
    Things are getting better, my LGS has some S&B and DPX in 380 the last time I was there.

CJ

7. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    prvi, rem, ae, any good brass c ased ammo should be just fine

8. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Started with 200 rds of rem mc, then some GS, and then whatever, about 700 rds, all shot perfectly, and recently (blazer alum, smileys every other rd after 40 rds, maybe some spray lube would have made them work OK)????? Still have one box of Blazer alum. (only thing available in last 6 mo.) Will try to get them used up one of these days.  Jim <><

9. WesKCMO

WesKCMO New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Kansas City, Missouri
    American Eagle is the ammo I used to break in my first AT... the pistol shot reliable out of the box though. It ended up just being more of a test and less of a break-in.