Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The current issue of American Rifleman magazine has an excellent (and lengthy) article covering the Kel-Tec RFB & RDB rifles.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yep, just got my issue today and was shocked at the length of the that article, it must be 10 pages long with tons of pics. Nice promo for George Kellgren in the opening paragraphs. I'll read the rest later for sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can't wait to read it. I hope it's balanced and fair coverage of the rifles, from people who actually own them and use them, not just some tabletop reviewer that got a prototype still in testing.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
In the write up the reviewer mentions the gas malfunctions he had then mentions that a double feed wasn't gas related. My understanding of the design is that it would be. Yes, no?

It seems to me that if the bolt travels all the way to the rear, the spent case is ejected and can't be there when the live round is picked up. More gas makes this happen. Correct?

I'm liking the RDB more and more over the DT MDR.

·
Registered
475 Posts
In the write up the reviewer mentions the gas malfunctions he had then mentions that a double feed wasn't gas related. My understanding of the design is that it would be. Yes, no?

It seems to me that if the bolt travels all the way to the rear, the spent case is ejected and can't be there when the live round is picked up. More gas makes this happen. Correct?

I'm liking the RDB more and more over the DT MDR.
I do believe you are correct. If the bolt carrier doesn't have enough speed to clear the ejection port from low gas, the fired case will be retained on the bolt and jam the new round as it is picked up. More gas will allow the bolt to fully travel to the rear, ejecting the fired case, as it should.

The article did not mention how Kel-Tec achieved the very good trigger. Kel-Tec kept the sear at the trigger and not at the hammer like most bullpups.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.