Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Federal 9mm 115gr ammo is reputed to be the cleanest ammo available. It is intended for range use only, as the bullets are plastic

HOWEVER, AFTER PURCHASING 500 ROUNDS, I HAVE NOTED THE FOLLOWING, FYI:

Looking at the tray just out of the box, if one looks carefully, there are many heights to the ammo. No consistency. Some short; some taller. I only noted this after firing a cpl of 50 rd boxes from my Sig carry

More importantly, there has been a consistant lack of feeding. The sub9gen2 will not accept ANY round...rather, it will sometimes accept it but will not fire it. When removing and inspecting the plastic bullet, there is usually a smudge near the tip. Placing it into firing position by hand, not via the mag, will STILL produce a fail to fire.

This round will fire in my Sig, but will not fire in my friend's competition Kimber pistol

In short, dont buy this stuff

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks for this info. I just saw an ad for them and I was going to keep an eye out for them. I think I'll wait until I see more user reports.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
bullets are not made out of plastic. they are polymer coated. very much like casters are doing with their cast lead bullets and powder coat paint. ;)
Pill Red Capsule Ammunition Pharmaceutical drug

always try ammo in gun before buying in bulk for this reason.

any pics of the bullets that are damaged or uneven?

Reactions: 850sub

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bullets are not made out of plastic. they are polymer coated. very much like casters are doing with their cast lead bullets and powder coat paint. ;)
View attachment 33103
always try ammo in gun before buying in bulk for this reason.

any pics of the bullets that are damaged or uneven?
damaged were thrown out at range
just looking at a newly opened box one can plainly see they are at different heights
open one and see

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
Just an FYI Vireya, but in ammunition terms it is called Over All Length, or OAL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.