Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried using it at my local shooting range while sitting at a table (i know that is not how they are usually used, sitting down) and thought "wow this is cheap junk". But after I installed my see through riser, I used it while laying prone when I re-zeroed the red dot. I was pleasantly supprised how well it worked while shooting prone.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wish it was a lot more rigid when folded out. I don't mind it at all as a forearm.
RW

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought this rifle because of the light weight. I have no problem with the forearm being a bipod. It seems to work fine as such. Not rigid, but stable enough to place some steady shots within it's open sight range of 100 yards or so. Doesn't surprise me to see some folks adding sights to the rail. The SU-16 will perform for them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I too like the stock bi-pod for what it is. It is light weight, and works in a pinch.

I found that adding some small rails to it increased the overall versatility of the rifle.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You have a "different strokes for different folks" kinda of thing going on when it comes to the bi-pod. The tactical, AR15 look just isn't there. But that is an option depending on the state you live in and how much money you want to put into your SU16. For the AK guys, it has that VEPR look to it. I kinda like the looks of it in its stock form. Kinda wish some one made a M1A looking flash hider for it.
RW

·
Registered
151 Posts
I thought the bipod was a cool idea, like the Charlie stock, when I first bought my SU-16. I find, now, that I prefer using my support arm. About the only time I use the bipod is to help the barrel cool down quicker. I do really like the looks of it, though.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
I certainly don't use it all the time, but I like it just fine for what it is...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I like the bipod fore-end for what it is. I like the feel and light weight of the stock fore-end, and as a bonus I have a little always-available extra stabilization when I need it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The first thing I did is get rid of the bipod. I added a rail and if I want to use a bipod I can install one in seconds. Closing was a pain in the arse

1 - 12 of 12 Posts