aluminum cases

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Hudispit, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Hudispit

Hudispit New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    i bought a box of blazers with aluminum cases and i read somewhere not to use aluminum cases in the p3at. i called kel tec and they said not to fire any of these because it will ruin the extractor. did anyone have trouble shooting these? shells are not returnable and i would love to shot them instead of wasting them. what do you think?

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Not meaning to be harsh, but is this a troll or something? KT specifically told you not to use them and you want in order to feel like you didn't waste +/- $8.00? Is that really worth hurting your weapon against the advice of the mfg over?

-Scott

3. YooperP3at

YooperP3at New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    i just got my gun last week along with 2 boxes of blazers( $13.00 each box).
    the dealer nor the P3at book give any warnings about using the blazers.

i've already shot 1 of the boxes up.

4. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    By "Blazer" I am assuming you mean that it is aluminum or steel cased?  The only thing I have ever heard of was "Blazer Brass" but the mere fact that something is referred to that way probably means there are non-brass versions as well (I've never heard of "UMC-Brass"?!?!)

Anyway, if that is the case then yes, your manual does include a warning about it.  It says you should not use "non-standard or reloaded ammo" or words to that effect.  KT's policy is that anything other than brass is "non-standard." Does that mean a box or two will kill your weapon, pro'lly not.

-Scott

5. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    My 2 cents here!  Go ahead and shoot em up.  Seems that the worst you can do is break your extractor....someone correct me if I am wrong.  Extractors are easily replaceable....this forum can help you if that happens.  Inspect your extractor before shooting then after and let us know if you notice any difference.  Enjoy!

You will know if you have a problem because the spent cases will stick in the chamber and the following round will jam up against the empty case.

6. 99ncxj

99ncxj New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    the only thing i've heard (in the manual) is to not use steel cases.

7. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I have shot steel and aluminun cased ammo in my P3AT in small quantities and they worked fine. You do assume the risk because the warning is very clear.

8. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    OOPS! Put a box of Blazers through my P3AT. No problems so far. Won't push it though. Thanks for the info.

9. Second_Life

Second_Life New Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Don't waste your time with Sellier & Bellot (S&B) 92gr. ammo either.  It's has to many fail to eject (FTEs) for my P-3AT.

10. ttorion

ttorion New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    The only solution is to send that box of Blazer aluminum to me. I've shot 290 rounds of Blazer through my P3AT with no problem but it will probably ruin YOUR gun!

11. Hudispit

Hudispit New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    no i am not a troll. i did talk to a kel tec rep about this. my dad also has a box and if we dont shoot them, that is $25. $25 is $25. well whatever. just wanted to see what you all thought thats all. thanks for the responses. if you dont believe me about the aluminum cases, give kel tec a call.

12. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    as has been stated, I have 2000+ rounds of s&b through mine. easy plentiful and inexpensive around here.
    pocketgun has 300+ rounds through his
    others here, also have many rounds through theirs

ANY GUN CAN DISLIKE ANY AMMO, TRY MANY DIFFERENT VARIETIES AND FIND WHAT YOUR GUN LIKES AND STICK WITH IT!