ALL SOLD-40/357 combo FS in Chattanooga area

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by marshall, Feb 22, 2011.

1. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    SOLD SOLD SOLD -- everything got sold today: Feb 25, 2011

ITEMS ARE ALSO FOR SALE LOCALLY....

SIG BARREL AND SLIDE ARE SOLD....NEW PRICE FOR P-40, AND MAGS, AND AMMO IS...$300

I have decided to sell my P40/P357 combo FTF in the Chattanooga area. Included is an ordinary, shot very little, P-40; and a 357 SIG barrel and slide designed to change a P-11 into a P-357. Of of course this works with the P-40 as well as with the P-11. There are 3 P-40 Kel-Tec mags, and 4 used Smith and Wesson 4006 mags that are good for range use. Also a Beretta blue plastic case. I have shot the P-40, and it did well when I was paying attention. You do NOT want to limp-wrist this gun! The 357 barrel and slide are completely new, never used at all. In the photo, the 357 barrel has been put in the P-40. The slide and barrel next to the gun are the P357 slide, and the 40 barrel. The 357 barrel is parkerized black, and the 40 barrel is raw steel. I want $500 for the package. Will also include 100 rounds of Winchester fmj 357 SIG ammo. FTF Chattanooga. If I can't move this in a few weeks, I will split up the package, and sell the 357 barrel/slide separately from the P-40. PM or send email to drcello@comcast.net. Photo:
    [​IMG]

2. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Re: P-40/357 combo FS in Chattanooga area

fwiw, marshall gets the virtual-rj seal of approval. he is good people to deal with.

3. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004

Thanks, Virtual! Much appreciated.

4. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004

SIG BARREL AND SLIDE ARE SOLD....NEW PRICE FOR P-40, AND MAGS, AND AMMO IS...$300
    Face to face Chattanooga area only.

5. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach

Starting to sound like a broken record...who bought it???

I see no "I'll take it" nor do you say it's for sale elsewhere.

[edit]edited to remove violation of main board rules # 1 & 2 and Trading Post rule # 6 [/edit]

[edit]Thanks for trying to be helpful , but follow the rules yourself , Thanks. ST
    PS, I'll defer to Tx to respond to the OP. I'm sure it was an oversite but the rules were broken an OP has a responsibility for that.
    [/edit]

6. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX

what gives?

come on folks, is it really that hard to follow some simple rules.

:'(

7. haugrdr

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach

Swamp Thing, I apologize to the Forum for my language, I meant no harm. It's very frustrating to some of us to see the frequent violations of TP rules and I posted something I shouldn't have.

Again, I'm sorry.

I do wonder about the purpose of Swamp Thing...being used to slap a very minor infraction of language...after 24 hours seeing 2 other blatant violation of TP rules, including one that resulted in a banning...this one is called an "oversite".

I'm quite sure the other violations were oversites also.

I'm sorry for swearing KTOG, forgive me.

8. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana

SwampThing was created so we moderators who have limited access (for instance I can only actively moderate the Sub2K forum under my user name) can make limited edits in other forums that we can't generally access.  Your problem is unless we identify ourselves you really won't know who may be logged in as SwampThing.  This was done to help TxCajun because he literally cannot be in here 24/7.  I use it to delete obvious spam in the wee hours when I'm at work, but I don't generally make any posts while logged in as SwampThing.  And you may note he has very few posts.  He is usually just used to delete offending content and no posts are made.  So if you see him show up it is because one of us saw something objectionable and either editted it or deleted it, then may have made a post explaining why.

9. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004

Hello everyone!
    I apologize if I goofed up here! :) So sorry!

Present situation is (as of Friday 7:41 AM ET on Feb 25): The 357sig barrel and slide are SPF. I have buyers sniffing on my P-40 and on my PF-9, and who will be looking at the merchandise this afternoon. If anything gets sold, I will come back here toot sweet and post something (unless I forget-I think I have Alz. coming on!)

Again, I apologize for not being "on the bounce" on my post.

10. haugrdr

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach

So, your items are for sale elsewhere off forum? And you didn't post that in your OP?

Huh.

11. 3wbdriver

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    Re: Partially SPFP-40/357 combo FS in Chattanooga

Let's try phrasing it a little differently shall we.  Marshall would you please edit your original post to indicate that the items are also for sale locally?  This will put your ad in line with current forum rules.  I know you didn't omit it intentionally, but we have to treat all members fairly and in the same manner.  One has had to be banned this week because he was unrepentent when corrected.  Another took his wrist slap, apologised, and moved along.  I know you mean well and are a long time member, but please comply with the same rules everyone else is expected to follow.

Then maybe we can get the other members to think about how they might phrase their posts to stay in line with our rules also.  

12. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004

ok, ROGER WILCO..

I added "ITEMS ARE ALSO FOR SALE LOCALLY," to my original post. Does that fix it up?

By the way, I have the greatest respect for all mods, and everyone on the board. I'm really sorry I messed up, and caused confusion for anyone.

Have a great day everyone.

13. 3wbdriver

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana

Yes, thank you. And technically by the letter of the rule I cited your reply #8 should have made it good. But we have a lot of members who simply don't read the stuff in the middle of a thread. They read the ad and then they post. So the statement is more visible in the OP.

I know you haven't been in here in a while, but the TP actually came up for a vote in the Counter a few weeks ago on whether it was even worth the effort to keep it open because of constant violations. Yours as minor as it seems makes the 3rd violation this week. So don't think we are simply targeting you. But it gets frustrating, and you know from your life experiences that the 3rd guy caught tends to get chewed on harder than the 1st guy.

;)

14. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004

Hey, chew away! You guys are great, and I think KTOG is great, and I don't mind being herded back in line. I like it here! :)

15. pennhead

pennhead New Member

Sep 12, 2009

I don't know... the 2nd guy gets chewed on pretty darn good. The teeth marks have yet to fade. ;D

16. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    SOLD-40/357 combo FS in Chattanooga area

SOLD SOLD SOLD -- everything left got sold today: Feb 25, 2011

Sold this afternoon to a very nice DEA guy. A salute to all the fine LEOS out there!

17. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Trading Post Rules 101:  Since this thread should have a TP sizable audience, let me ramble a bit in hopes of enlightening.  10 years ago, there were no TP rules at all.  You could sign up and make your first post in the TP.  There were too many problems.  That was the condition under which I began first moderating and then administering the forum.  I got complaints when members felt shorted or disappointed, if not angry.  When asked to, I exchanged too many PMs with each party trying to help someone who felt slighted.  I won't bore you with the details.  Suffice to say, if you can invision some way a deal could go wrong, it happened, and then some you couldn't imagine.  Reality is stranger than fiction.  

A couple years back we made some changes.  I studied other forum rules, considered the nature of the problems we'd experienced, and came up with some rules.  I tried to design rules, that if followed, would illiminate the need for me or the other moderators to get involved in people's transactions.  The rules are thorough and specific,  The moderator team has discussed them at great length.  Around that time, we also decided to restrict the TP to members with 25+ meaningful posts.  I also set an auto-generated, New Member Welcome PM.  Aside from greeting and pointing them to the Welcome Wagon Thread, it directs newbies to read the Forum Rules.  Therefore, anyone who has registered in the past couple years has no particularly good excuse for not reading the Forum Rules, to include the Trading Post Rules.  

However, Murphy thrives.  Newer members often don't notice they even have a PM because the default setting is not for PM pop-ups or email notification.  Plus, some folks just won't bother to read the rules even if they read the PM.  The problem continued, if perhaps to a barely discernable lesser degree.   Maybe a year ago, partly in frustration, I put up this sign on the Main Forum Index Page, and the Trading Post Index Page...   :)  

[​IMG]

That should fix things, right?  Think again.  We still had people regularly violating Trading Post Rules.  

Next I created the Global Moderator SWAMPTHING.  All Forum Moderators have access to that account.  ST can edit, delete and modify any post in any forum.  He can hide, lock or delete any thread.  This has allowed all moderators to assist in all forums, including the TP.  That has taken some of the load off of me but it hasn't really kept anyone from screwing up.  

A couple months back I got serious and put up this sign at the top of the Main Index Page...   >:(

[​IMG]

There has been no real difference in violations.  As an educator, I'm starting to get a little embaressed.   :-[Consequences:  In a perfect world, we wouldn't need rules or consequences.  In a pretty good world, everyone would just follow the rules.  I'd settle for that.  However, in the real world...   :-/

I don't like ZERO TOLERANCE policies.  I think that people, their level of contribution, their motive, attitude, behavior, and the particular circumstances are worthy of consideration.  When protocol is not followed, we sometimes PM the offender.  However, typically posting in the thread gets their attention and it also serves to school others.  Sometimes the thread may be deleted or hidden.  If they react well, apoligize, fix the problem, etc, I'll usually let it go at that.  If they ignore the warning, don't acknowlege the message, or get a little snippy in their reply, I may dump their post count to zero, which boots them from the TP for another 25 posts.  If they repost a deleted/hidden thread, repeatedly violate, or give us the finger when corrected, I may ban their account.  Within those parameters, I do my best to be fair and consistent, but it is always judgement call on my part, for which I take full responsibilty.  I do not take trimming someone's KTOG access lightly.    

I know that sometimes, some of the moderators think I'm too soft.  Probably some members do too.  However, a few on the recieving end probably think I'm a power-hungry jerk.  I shoot for the middle ground.  I try to be fair.

On Marshall:  The preacher has been a KTOGer since 2004.  He has contributed a great deal to this site and the gun community at large.  By far, his membership preceeds the advent of the Welcome PM directing members to read the rules and he has not been as active over the past couple years.  I am making the assumption that he was unaware of the change in rules asking that members mention if an item is for sale elsewhere.  We added that rule so when a member sells an item off-site, with no "I'll take it" posted in the thread (as required),  we won't think that someone bought the item under the radar.  To be clear, unless someone mentions in their ad that an item is for sale in other places, you should never see it sold without an "I'll take it" in the thread.  That was the issue here.  I think that 3wbdriver was firm and fair in his admonishment to Marshall, and I think Marshall recovered and apologized like the gentleman he is.  

Check out Marshall's excellent site... MOUSEGUNS   :cool:

[reason]to fix link[/reason]

18. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Thanks, TXCAJUN, good words for all of us. And thanks for the link to www.mouseguns.com much appreciated.

Oh, and I hate to mention it, but you got the link kind of wrong. :-?

19. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

I don't know... the 2nd guy gets chewed on pretty darn good. The teeth marks have yet to fade.  ;D[/quote]
    But remember, due to a poor recovery on his part when corrected, the 1st guy got banned.   [smiley=evil.gif] 

That was my intention.  It was a PSA.   ;)  

Fixed it.   :)