Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my house warming party amd just wondering whats the rest of ktogs dtink of choice?

I love me some jack and this new bud light platnium its good 6.0 % alcohol !

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
It varies. I'm by and large a beer guy, but I don't really have a specific "I only drink this" brand at all - everything from cheap watered-down crap (Milwaukee's Best Light) to overpriced but yummy import stuff (Guinness Foreign Extra) to weird brews (Stone Brewery's Arrogant Bastard) and whatever happens to catch my eye and/or is on sale at the time.

I don't often drink hard liquor, and if I do, it's almost always mixed with something like cola. On special occasions, mainly because it's too expensive to drink often, I LOOOOOOVES me some absinthe - either Lucid or Absente. I have a couple of absinthe spoons and a box of sugar cubes on hand all the time, and if I'm feeling a bit froggy I'll do the "Czech method" of dousing the cubes in absinthe, turning off the lights, and lighting the cubes on fire to let them melt before adding the filtered ice water. OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Southern style sweet tea. I could plug in an IV of the stuff and I'd be set for the day... :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I prefer Makers Mark on the rocks or with some Ginger ale. I also like IPA beers such as Dog Fish Head or Florida Ave.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
WC = White Christmas?

CC = Concealed Carry?

CM = Compact Monkey?

I guess I'm not familiar with these alcoholic beverage acronyms... :confused:

·
Registered
322 Posts
wood alcohol -- for cleaning. I don't drink

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's good old Pabst Blue Ribbon. Be thirst my friends..

P.S. No I'm not the "most interesting man in the world" and yes I also love many of our local Micro Brews produced near my home in Central Wisconsin. My favorite is Central Waters Brewery located in Amherst, Wisconsin.

·
Registered
125 Posts
In order of choice (by favorite but depends on sales .. that's ho I make a purchasing decision)

Killians Irish red
Michelob ultra lime cactus.
Bacardi 151 mixed with cherry Dr. Pepper

Umm.... yeah.. any other micro brew as available lol

·
Registered
441 Posts

I started drinking this stuff when I went on my diet 3 years ago and lost 34 pounds in 3 months.

I've been drinking it ever since.

I obviously have no class, but I do know what I like.

·
Registered
24 Posts
"Everyday" beer is Bud Lite Lime. Once a week or so I'll have a Breckenridge 471 Double IPA or an Odell's Myrcenary Double IPA (have to watch my figure, you know), or maybe a New Belgium Ranger IPA if I don't have either of the doubles handy. Every once in a while I'll pick up a Stone Imperial Russian Stout or IPA.

Once a year around the holidays I pick up a bottle of The McCallan 12 and drink it over the course of 3-4 weeks, and every once in a while a Tanqueray and tonic.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Shiner Bock - but a 12 pack lasts me all year - heavy drinker I know

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
Although I can't drink (or SHOULDN'T), I have developed quite a renounded likeness for:

It served me well before, it is serving me well again.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I am found of several varieties of drink. I think the question for me is what I don't care to drink. I don't care for vodka or heavy & dark beers. While I will drink Scotch, I don't drink it unless I am offered. I just don't like the peatiness of Scotch. I much prefer Bourbons, Tennessee whisky, Irish Whisky, or Canadian Whisky over Scotch.

I like to try different beverages. About once a month I buy a different beverage. This month I am drinking Knob Creek 9yr. Bourbon. It's pretty good, and is a little smother than Maker's Mark, but not anywhere as smooth as Jameson or Crown Black. I try my whisky's all the same ways. I try then straight, on the rocks, on the rocks with lemon, and mixed with cola.

I have also grown fond of mead. Hmmm, those Vikings were onto something good. Look of Dansk Mead. It's not something you will find in a supermarket. You'll probably have to search for it in a specialty shop if you want a taste. You'll be rewarded if you try it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts