AIM trap shooting program - update

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by mkamer, May 5, 2011.

1. mkamer

mkamer New Member

May 19, 2005
    Brennan has joined a local youth trap shooting team that participates in the ATA's AIM program.  AIM stands for academics, integrity, marksmanship.  He practices once a week and is really enjoying it.  He's averaging breaking 60% of the clays he shoots at.  He will compete in his first ATA formal competition on Saturday.  Will give a full report.

2. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas

3. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Re: AIM trap shooting program

These "youth traps" you speak of, where can I find one? ;D

Shooting clays is a blast. If you haven't shot clays, do so. It is just a blast (yeah, pun intended).
    Brennan, have fun with your shoot.

BTW, box of shells $24 (for 100)
    Box of clays $11 (90)
    Launchers start at 5 bucks.
    What are you waiting for?

Lop

4. mkamer

mkamer New Member

May 19, 2005

Brennan did well for his first competitive shot.  He scored 64 out of 100 shots.  His 5 man squad finished 4th in their age group.

The event was held at Bluegrass Sportsmans Association and was very well run. His trap program picked up the fees for all the shooters and this included lunch. Bluegrass broght in a barbeque company with a full smoker grill and it was great. Met some more of the kids and parents in the local program. Everyone was just good people. We had a great time. Another positive experience in the shooting sports.

And some of us think we are gun nuts...you should see some of the trap guns these young kids are shooting.  Some real high dollar pieces.  

5. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008

64 out of 100. I'm impressed. Anyone here who is not impressed, and has not shot clays, I'll buy the 100 clays and lend you the gun. ;D

64 in his first compitiion. Tell him I'm proud of him. I'm guessing he already knows his Dad is proud.

Lop

6. mkamer

mkamer New Member

May 19, 2005

Yes he knows his dad is proud. I'll share your thoughts as well. Thanks.

7. mkamer

mkamer New Member

May 19, 2005
    Just an update - Brennan shot in a 100 shot registered shoot this past Saturday. Scored 71 out of 100. On his third round of 25, he broke 23. He was really in the groove. :cool: They even let the old dad shoot 100 for fun and I broke 66 out of 100. I actually suprised myself with that score. :D

Brennan will continue to practice weekly before the Kentucky State Trap Shoot on June 28.

8. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
  9. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Good luck on the 28th Brennan  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]