Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use any Aguila ammo in your PF9? I was thinking of ordering some to shoot in my C9 and PF9 and was looking for any feedback.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've used Aguila (115 and 124 gr FMJ) in all of my 9mm pistols (PF-9, Taurus PT111, and HiPoint C9) and in my HiPoint 9mm carbine. It is slightly dirtier than say PMC or Remington, but not enough to cause any problems.

I've tried the Aguila HPs as well. They functioned well in the PF-9, but due to the poor design of the bullet, I would NOT consider using them for self defense.

Aguila and PMC are my choices for target rounds. Here in the Tidewater VA area, I can usually find one or the other for between $9 and &11 for a box of 50.

Give them a try. I think you'll like them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twriter thank you for the info. I will give them a try just looking for another cheap target ammo since china mart seems to always be out of the federal 100 bulk packs now. Can get these for the same price so thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Never hurts to ask. That's how we all learn. ;)

This forum and the Hi-Point forum have a wealth of members quite willing to share their knowledge and experiences. It can save a lot of trouble if used properly.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your testing of the Aguila ammo!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got 3 boxes of 50 x Aguila 124 grain FMJ when I bought my PF9. I had consistent light strikes through all 150 rounds. I also feel that they contribued to magazine drop issues I experienced. I bought them from a shop in Indiana. My advice would be to stay away from them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
never shot any in 9mm
But plenty is 38 Super a few years ago and thousands in 45 over the last few years .
I buy it by the 1000/case when I find it for $300 and under (45 cal)

I have no problems with it in any of my pistols .

However, It's abundantly clear that many PF9's are finicky pistols
So it would be wise not to order any large quantity til you've run a box or two first thru "your" pistol

to the OP with light primer strikes .
That goes beyond being "finicky" about ammo.
That's a sick pistol that needs fixed imHo

..L.T.A.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts