Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Yea, that's me.
I want to promote this device because I tried them, two different models, and they actually worked. And, more importantly, IMHO, are very comfortable, as in all day comfort.

First, what is it? headphones you can hear audio from a blue tooth source and conversate on phone call.
They are placed just forward of your ear canal and sound like speakers would sound just outside of your ears. I could place the pods over my ears and hear, but they sound just as good placed against my skin, as shown.
The benefits of this are many.
  • I can wear hats
  • I can use ear plugs
  • I can hear external sounds
  • They don't fall off/out
  • I look like Star Trek
  • No wires
  • Rechargeable
  • Water resistant (water proof swimming models are available)
  • Always in place

Just about every niggle and complaint I had with headphones, ear buds, boom microphones, etc, are eliminated with this design.

The model I am wearing is the Aeropex Mini. It is the only model that comes in a smaller size. I tried a different model, the Open Move, which is much cheaper, a good performer, and comes in more colors. I got a pair for me and wifey, I got her pink. It was a good way to try the tech without buying the latest model.
Well, as fate would have it, I lost mine on a bus when fussing with my mask loops getting caught in my glasses and comms and I left them on the seat. That or going through security at an airport. Regardless, I now had all the excuse I needed to upgrade to the Aeropex and try the smaller size. As luck would have it, they were on a sale, I got them for $129, about $30 off.

So why do I need this spendy bit of tech? In my world, I can be on the moove, quickly transitioning from multiple locations, vehicles and working on my feet outdoors and using various radios, phones, etc. In the rain, heat, whatever. Having things in my eardrums just for the phone didn't work very well if I needed to hear my surroundings or if I needed to use hearing protection. I haven't tried these comms next to ear muffs, but they will work with ear plugs. I don't think I will risk exposing them to the sound levels of indoor gunfire.

As for wearing them with glasses, the ear loops have enough of a space for most wire frame temples to fit. Probably not for think 60's frames. But if you're still wearing those, I don't know if you'd be interested in any of this new stuff. I am looking for a good Accutron Spaceview to cherish, LMK please.

·
Registered
697 Posts

Yea, that's me.
I want to promote this device because I tried them, two different models, and they actually worked. And, more importantly, IMHO, are very comfortable, as in all day comfort.

First, what is it? headphones you can hear audio from a blue tooth source and conversate on phone call.
They are placed just forward of your ear canal and sound like speakers would sound just outside of your ears. I could place the pods over my ears and hear, but they sound just as good placed against my skin, as shown.
The benefits of this are many.
  • I can wear hats
  • I can use ear plugs
  • I can hear external sounds
  • They don't fall off/out
  • I look like Star Trek
  • No wires
  • Rechargeable
  • Water resistant (water proof swimming models are available)

Just about every niggle and complaint I had with headphones, ear buds, boom microphones, etc, are eliminated with this design.

The model I am wearing is the Aeropex Mini. It is the only model that comes in a smaller size. I tried a different model, the Open Move, which is much cheaper, a good performer, and comes in more colors. I got a pair for me and wifey, I got her pink. It was a good way to try the tech without buying the latest model.
Well, as fate would have it, I lost mine on a bus when fussing with my mask loops getting caught in my glasses and comms and I left them on the seat. That or going through security at an airport. Regardless, I now had all the excuse I needed to upgrade to the Aeropex and try the smaller size. As luck would have it, they were on a sale, I got them for $129, about $30 off.

So why do I need this spendy bit of tech? In my world, I can be on the moove, quickly transitioning from multiple locations, vehicles and working on my feet outdoors and using various radios, phones, etc. In the rain, heat, whatever. Having things in my eardrums just for the phone didn't work very well if I needed to hear my surroundings or if I needed to use hearing protection. I haven't tried these comms next to ear muffs, but they will work with ear plugs. I don't think I will risk exposing them to the sound levels of indoor gunfire.

As for wearing them with glasses, the ear loops have enough of a space for most wire frame temples to fit. Probably not for think 60's frames. But if you're still wearing those, I don't know if you'd be interested in any of this new stuff. I am looking for a good Accutron Spaceview to cherish, LMK please.
Dang, you look almost as old as me! I love my bluetooth headphones, but I might have to try these.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Wifey and The Kid have 'em. They love 'em. I've never tried 'em. Supposedly, they allow you to hear stuff around you AND your music (or whatever is playing through them). I wouldn't know, because both of them act like they're just as deaf with them as with earbuds or headphones because they always act like they can't hear me. Hell, I wouldn't wanna listen to me, either... :p

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Do they act as sound amplifiers as well? Like to use hunting??
They could work with a sound amplifier that uses bluetooth for the output device.
They themselves don't amplify ambient sound.

In fact they aren't really good for high noise backgrounds unless you wear earplugs.
Because the sound is sent to your inner ear through the skin and bone, not the ear canal.

I do wish they auto adjusted volume to the ambient noise levels. However, I do wonder if hearing damage would result from two loud sources hitting the ear at once???

·
Registered
202 Posts
They could work with a sound amplifier that uses bluetooth for the output device.
They themselves don't amplify ambient sound.

In fact they aren't really good for high noise backgrounds unless you wear earplugs.
Because the sound is sent to your inner ear through the skin and bone, not the ear canal.

I do wish they auto adjusted volume to the ambient noise levels. However, I do wonder if hearing damage would result from two loud sources hitting the ear at once???
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts