Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wouldnt it be possible for a company to make a grip that added a rail to the p11? just one of my random thoughts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
While it would certainly be possible for a third party to make a replacement grip for the P-11, I doubt the economics of such a project would be profitable. It would take a very large investment to design, manufacture and market such a replacement, and the demand would likely be very small (likely almost non existent relatively speaking) since the cost would likely be quite high (at least in comparison to a standard grip from Kel Tec).

Jim R

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly, but i think that a curious member on here with the right equipment on here could get it done. Its not so much an entirely new product as it is an existing product with an improvement.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would like to see kel tec offer a replacement aftermatket grip for the P11 and P3at that was like the pf9. They are plenty easy to switch out and I would be first in line

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
It would require a completely new mold. Those things are neither cheap to design nor to machine. The only advantage would be that, if KT were the ones doing it, they could use their existing CAD drawings and add the rail. A 3rd party would have to go from scratch.

Even a new mold made for KT could still go to 6 figures. It's expensive.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
84 Posts
What I would like to see is Crimson Trace to make grips for the P11. Someday...

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I would like to see kel tec offer a replacement aftermatket grip for the P11 and P3at that was like the pf9. They are plenty easy to switch out and I would be first in line
Ditto! Changing the grip style is the only improvement I can think of that I would suggest for the P11 and P3AT. In my hands, with my choice of ammo, mine have been otherwise perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts