ADMINS PLEASE HELP !

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by Blank, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Blank

Blank New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    My login is ole380 and for some reason I could not receive the activation at my email address. I own my own email account at register.com and there are no filters on???? Anyhow I had to have the activation sent to another of my email addresses and then I tried to change my contact email in my profile and it logged me off and told me to check my email(the one that would not receive the activation) so now I'm locked out of my account. I created this name with an alternate email address but would like to not use this one for the board. Can someone help me? If you send me an email to either email addy I can respond. Its something with the auto sender on the site not liking my jason@ruggedpath.com email addy.

2. Blank

Blank New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    If an Admin can manually send me the new password to my email adress that would do. The auto mailer for the site just will not work.

3. Blank

Blank New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Ill be around. Let me know when you can help. ;D

4. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    The moderator has a regular day job (this is a hobby), and the normal admin is a school teacher.  They'll get you squared away.  Just have a little patience.

If I may, I noticed your user name on your first request, and I have to admit I wasn't sure if you were pulling our leg or not.  I mean a name is a name, but Blank just comes across as slightly bogus....................

One of them will be along this evening, I'm sure.  If not, I'll PM him about your problem.

:cool:

5. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    IMO, the all day comment will not sit well with the moderator.

6. 3wbdriver

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    I just looked at the members list and your user name IS in there.  But it's Ole380.  And we ARE case sensitive here.  Did you try that yet?

;)

7. Blank

Blank New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Yes I tried the "case sensitive way". The problem is I had to register with my work email and once registered I tried to change it to my personal email addy and when I did it logged me out and said my new password would be sent to my newly entered email Addy. Which for some reason does not get the auto generated emails from this site. The confirmation email worked fine for my work Addy but I tried like 5 different names with my personal Addy and never got a confirmation email. now all I need is an admin to send me the new password to the email associated with my old screen name.

8. 3wbdriver

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    Well with all those changes I don't doubt there's some confusion!   :eek:

Look at the bottom of the main Index page periodically, and look for TxCajun in red letters.  He's the site admin, but hasn't made an appearance yet today.  You can PM him also, but his PM box is usually full so it may be a bit before he gets back to you.  We just didn't want you to think you're being ignored.

;D

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    BLANK!

I reset your password.  I have PMed your new password to this (Blank) account.

1.  Check your PM and note the new password.

2.  Log out as Blank

3.  Log in as Ole380 with the new password.

4.  In your profile, you can change your new password if you like.  
    A.  Go to Profile,
    B.  Enter password.
    C.  On the next screen, you can enter a new password and confim it.
    D.  You do not need a confirmation email.

5.  Come back to this thread and let me know if you are good to go.
    6.  If so, I'll delete this (Blank) account and this thread.

10. ole380

ole380 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Thank you! All is good.