Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With good ammo, bench rest & good optics, what size groups can I expect & are shooters actually getting.
Want to use on hogs & coyotes & some shots in peanut fields are 250+ yards.
Searched but couldn't find this.
Thx
P

·
Registered
31 Posts
With Port mil surp I was getting about 4 to 5 inch groups off the bench with a scope. After about 250 rounds to get the gun running reliability I tried some of my 145 grain reloads with about the same results. This load was developed using my G1 FAL where it will hold a tight 9 ring with open sights. Then I tried some match reloads and was able to get 10 shot groups under 2 inches. With the 1 in 12 twist of the barrel, I was surprised at this. For some reason this barrel likes heavier bullets so you might try a box of match ammo.

All through this, I would occasionally get a flier, 2 to 4 inches out of the group, which I've decided was due to my use of a Grippod. I believe varying pressure on the Grippod results in deflecting the barrel. When shooting of a bag, I didn't have this problem.

·
Registered
387 Posts
1.5" or better @ 100m, easily, with reloads, my rifle, and my shooting. YMMV, but there's a few other shooters using reloads similar to mine with similar results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts