According to KT - SU22 stock moddable to hold mag?

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by henktermaat, Jan 25, 2010.

1. henktermaat

henktermaat New Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I am most interested when the KT table jockey said that the SU-22 stock could be modded to fit the 25rd magazine... has anyone done this? If so... got pics?

Video I'm referring to (go to 20:20 and watch)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAcl-zZPvxA&feature=channel[/ame]

2. ktwm

ktwm New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Re: According to KT - SU22 stock moddable to hold

it is possible, but difficult. there is alot to cut out in both the front and rear of the stock.

It will hold the smaller 10 round black dog mag without any mods though. Or it can hold the full 27 round mags, with the front sticking out a little (Matt didn't know how, but it can be done)

3. henktermaat

henktermaat New Member

Dec 13, 2008

Actually that's the mag I was referring to- the stock one that comes with the SU-22. (I can only force 25-26 rounds into mine.) I have it and it doesn't really fit in there, but I'd like it to...

4. TJ347

TJ347 New Member

Dec 7, 2009

Interesting, because I spoke to a guy at Kel-Tec yesterday who told me very clearly that the SU-22 stock couldn't hold any mags. It's not a dealbreaker for me, but it'd certainly be nice if it could. If it's not too much trouble, I'd be interested in doing whatever tweaking was necessary. Please, someone let me know if you manage to get it done.

5. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX

as KTWM is a kel-tec employee and engineer, I would say he quite knows what he is talking about.

check out the pictures from the shot show, Toby IS ktwm....

but then again, YMMV and he may be full of it (but not that I have ever known).....
    ;) ;D

6. henktermaat

henktermaat New Member

Dec 13, 2008

The other day I went and played with this for a bit. It does go partially in, and even "snaps" into place, but it looks odd, like it's not in all the way. If it goes in more, it's beyond me. I'll post pics.