Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my eye on the 3at for quite a while, but in my area $299 was the cheapest I could find them new. I was browsing on Bud's Gun Shop and found an auction for one with 7 hours left at $239, so I figured one more measly dollar couldn't hurt. Somehow, that bid held and tomorrow I'll be joining the p3at club. Luckily the wife told me "there's no harm in bidding an extra dollar, it's not like that will win." Easiest gun purchase I've ever made...low price and it was the wife's idea!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very nice, welcome to the club. Once you break it in and get a feel for it, you will love it as we all do!

"Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

-- Booker T. Washington

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've had my eye on the 3at for quite a while, but in my area $299 was the cheapest I could find them new. I was browsing on Bud's Gun Shop and found an auction for one with 7 hours left at $239, so I figured one more measly dollar couldn't hurt. Somehow, that bid held and tomorrow I'll be joining the p3at club. Luckily the wife told me "there's no harm in bidding an extra dollar, it's not like that will win." Easiest gun purchase I've ever made...low price and it was the wife's idea!
Congrats. Great little gun. Is this your first Kel-Tec?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I have 3, & try to advance them constantly. Lube good with CLP before shooting. I don't like Remington .. you'll love this place.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Also bought one of my 3AT's on Buds, but not the auction, also paid $239 (with no tax, free shipping and a free transfer- who could resist!)

Much easier that my LGS.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Congrats! And welcome to KTOG. Beware that Kel-Tec's tend to multiply. I'm up to 3 P3AT's now, and about 10 KT's total. They make good stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I picked up the gun today and I am overall very impressed. I do have a couple of questions though: I thought I had read somewhere that the P3at comes with two magazines, but mine only has one. Second, on every other pistol that I've had, it's always come with a spent shell casing from the test fire and the 3at didn't have one in the case. Isn't that an ATF requirement? I tried calling KT customer service, but the office closed at 3.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I picked up the gun today and I am overall very impressed. I do have a couple of questions though: I thought I had read somewhere that the P3at comes with two magazines, but mine only has one. Second, on every other pistol that I've had, it's always come with a spent shell casing from the test fire and the 3at didn't have one in the case. Isn't that an ATF requirement? I tried calling KT customer service, but the office closed at 3.
Kel Tecs come with one mag. Unless it's a special buy or something.

It's not an ATF requirement, it's usually a state thing. If your state requires one, Kel Tec includes one.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. That is indeed a great price, lot less than I paid for a gen 1 model.

I always pick up a couple of extra mags for my kel-tecs and carry at least one extra. The P3AT is a pistol that is easy to live with and I carry mine about 95% of the time. Fits in the front pocket in a galco horsehide holster and you are not even aware its there after carrying a few times.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts