Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking online at auctions looking to buy an SU-16C and sometimes I see pictures of it folded behind where you would grip it, and sometimes in front of the handgrip.

Does the SU-16C fold in both places, or are people just listing it wrong and/or using the wrong pictures?

I'll post 2 pictures to show what I mean:

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
The top picture is partially dis-assembled, the rifle can't be fired like this. The bottom pic is folded...and can be fired in this position.

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
What haugrdr said.

The SU-16C can fold in two places. When the stock is folded as shown in the bottom picture, it can be fired. When it's folded at the receiver, similar to the top picture it won't fire.

Also, the rifle in the top picture is not an SU-16C.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Even though this thread's a bit old, the pictures made me wonder:
Given that the lockwork is completely exposed when the A stock is folded, has anyone had a problem with damage or fouling?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Even though this thread's a bit old, the pictures made me wonder:
Given that the lockwork is completely exposed when the A stock is folded, has anyone had a problem with damage or fouling?
:)
That depends on how you store it. Only issue I ever had was the hammer in the cocked position catching some loose strings in a duffel. It will absolutely foul if you folded like that, placing it in a truck bed unprotected, then drive out of a dusty creek bed. In a zippered case of some sort I never had any problems.

I clean and oil the bolt assembly and just use a canned air duster on the fire control group.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.