Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This a compilation of photos taken by many forum members. I can't take credit for any of them.

Thanks to all who originally posted the photos. I would give credit by name, but I don't know who you all are.

A big THANKS to all of you!

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Nice Bobo. I would add to your "first signs of peening" that some weapons develop this ridge early on and the progression stops and the weapon continues in that state just fine for thousands of rounds. A ridge as shown does not necessarily equal peening.

-Scott

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Thank you for posting this! Very well done.

I ordered a new guide rod and found that the new ones are much smoother than the old ones. By keeping it greased, I am so far able to ward off the peening curse.

This should be a stickey....

·
Registered
15 Posts
adamsesq said:
Nice Bobo.  I would add to your "first signs of peening" that some weapons develop this ridge early on and the progression stops and the weapon continues in that state just fine for thousands of rounds.  A ridge as shown does not necessarily equal peening.

-Scott
This is the stage that mine is at. I'll keep watch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.